2500 positions available for the Department of Infrastructure Development National Youth Service (NYS) Internships.
DEADLINE: 02 September 2022
The Department of Infrastructure Development is looking for 2500 unemployed youth under the age of 33 with Grade 12 and above. The Dept is offering work experience opportunities in the below mention areas. The National Youth Service (NYS) intake will include 60% females, 40% males, 2% Persons with Disabilities (PWDS) and 100% Historically Disadvantaged Individuals (HDIs).
- Unemployed youth under the age of 33 (participants must be below the age of 35 for the duration of the 24-month contract period)
- Should have passed Grade 12 and above
- Should have a valid South African Identity Document
- Should be available for the duration of the programme and prepared to sign a contract
- should have no criminal record
- Should reside in the vicinity of the project
NB. This programme is recruiting youth who resides in the five corridors (regions) of Gauteng Province only (City of Johannesburg, City of Tswane, City of Ekurhuleni, Sediberg and Westrand Districts)
The National Youth Service will be offering Work Experience in the following areas:
Technical Trades – Ref No: 2022 / 01
- Electral, Plumbing, Carpentry, Boiler Assistants, Fitting and Turning, Mechanical. Bulding, Aircon and Refrigeration, Welding, Handy Man and Painting
Administration – Ref No: 2022 / 02
- Data Capturing, Finance, Human Resources, Procurement, Asset Management, Pharmacy, Assistants, Information Technology, Graphic Design, Receptionist and Secretariat
General workers – Ref No: 2022 / 03
- Cleaning, Gardening. Queue Marshal, Porters, Laundry and Food Service Aid
Property Management – Ref No: 2022 / 04
- Administration, Date Capturing, Filing and Inspection
- Successful candidates will receive a stipend of R3500 pm for 24 months.
- The contract will not be extended after 24 moths from the start of the programme.
- Candidates who previously participated in the NYS Programme will not be considered
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted with a Z83 form (Download Here) and must be accompanied by Comprehensive CV with certified original copies of qualification, copy of ID and must not be older than 6 months.
Please indicate the reference number and position you are applying for on your application form.
Applications must be Hand Delivered to the closest Department of Infrastructure Development Office location (See Below):
- Central Corridor / City Of Johannesburg : 11 Diagonal Street, Ground Floor, Marshalltown
- Northern Corridor / City Of Tshwane : Corner 51 Bloed Street and Sophie Bruin Street, Pretoria. Onsite Construction Contact Centre Office, Ground Floor
- Eastern Corridor / City Of Ekurhuleni : 72 main Ave, Springs Central, Springs
- Western Corridor / WestRand : 72 Whitehall Street, Hurst Hill, Brixton, Ground Floor
- Southern Corridor / SouthRand : Al Bleskbok Leeuhof, Vereeniging, EPWP Office, Ground Floor
You may also check> North West Office of the Premier Internship Programme