Apply for the Anglo American Mining Learnership.
DEADLINE: 25 April 2022
REFERENCE I.D.: REF27401O
Anglo American Mining Learnership Company Description
If you reside in the JTG District we have a great opportunity for you to join our extraordinary team at Sishen Mine and discover all about surface mining and mobile equipment in a eighteen-month Mining Learnership enrichment programme. You are required to be fit to participate in the programme.
Looking to develop your skills? Join our extraordinary team.
Guided by its purpose and our values, they enable both high performance and purposeful action as they aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives”, delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible
Kumba Iron Ore
Anglo American produce high-grade iron ore, the key component in steel widely used in construction and manufacturing across the world. The activities include all aspects – exploration; mining; processing and blending; shipping; marketing and selling. In South Africa, Anglo American have mining operations in the Northern Cape province, as well as a head office in Centurion, Gauteng, and a port operation in Saldanha Bay, Western Cape.
The 18 month Anglo American Mining Learnership Programme is an enrichment programme for the community on Trackless Mobile Machinery (TMM) and will enable you to develop skills with classroom and on-the-job training in surface mining.. As you progress through your mining learnership programme, the Company will help you discover your real capability and develop your skills as a future Drilling or Blasting Assistant and/or various Trackless Mobile Equipment.
You must have:
- A full Grade 12 / Technical N3 with Mathematics Literacy or Mathematics. Physical Science on Grade 12 will be advantageous.
- A valid South African Driver’s License.
- Successfully pass medical-job-fit assessments (RFA)
- Ability to obtain, or be in possession of a valid Sishen VTS / DOVER)
- Attach a residential confirmation letter from the local Municipality indicating that you reside within the JTG District.
What the Company offer (Benefits)
- A stipend/allowance per month, for the duration of programme
- 18 month’s skills programme inclusive of experiential learning
- MQA Certificate after competency declaration to add to skills
- Personal Protective Equipment
- The mining learnership will only commence after being successfully interviewed and a Fitness Certificate obtained.
How to Apply for the Anglo American Mining Learnership?
To apply for this role, please complete the ONLINE APPLICATION FORM. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
If you do not hear from the Company within 21 days after the application deadline, please consider your application to be unsuccessful. Preference will be given to youth between the ages 18 and 35, from all racial groups, staying within the JTG District.
You may also check> O.R. Tambo District Municipality vacancies including 24 Months Internship