AREA COORDINATOR: CORRECTIONS (2 POSTS) AT THE DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONAL SERVICES
Apply for the Area Coordinator post at the Department of Correctional Services
DEADLINE: 31 March 2023
AREA COORDINATOR: CORRECTIONS (NCB 4) [2 POSTS]
Limpopo, Mpumalanga and North West Region:
- Rooigrond Management Area: Area Commissioner’s Office (Ref: LMN 2023/03/03)
- Thohoyandou Management Area: Area Commissioner’s Office (Ref: LMN 2023/03/04)
Salary: 791 310 all-inclusive package
Relevant NQF 6 National Diploma/Degree qualification or equivalent qualification in Behavioural Sciences or equivalent qualification. At least 7 Years relevant experience on supervisory management level. These requirements are in accordance with the relevant Occupational Specific Dispensation. Successful completion of Corrections Science Learnership/Basic Training. Top secret security classification as an added advantage. Computer literate. Valid driver’s licence.
Competencies and attributes:
Firearm skills and the use of relevant security technology. Strategic capability and leadership, policy development and good communication skills. Sound project and programme management skills. Transformation, change and conflict management abilities. Stakeholder management skills. Problem solving, analysis and decision making skills. Service delivery innovation. People management and empowerment. In depth understanding of safety and security within a correctional environment. Integrity and honesty. Good interpersonal relations. Knowledge of the Correctional Services Act, Act 111 of 1998.
Implement and monitor correctional, security and facility policies and procedures. Coordinate the collation and dissemination of security and correction information. Coordinate activities relating to critical DCS support structures such as the Parole Boards and Office of the Inspecting Judge within the management area. Promote corrections and security aware-ness. Manage the emergency support systems. Provision of early warning intelligence correction and security risks. Management of performance information. Manage human resources, finance and assets.
WHERE TO DROP YOUR APPLICATION/HOW TO APPLY
NB: Indicate the reference number and position you are applying for on your application form (Z83) and post your complete application to the address as indicated below:
Limpopo/Mpumalanga/North West Region:
- Postal Address: Head Recruitment, Department of Correctional Services, Private Bag X 99, Pretoria 0001
- Contact persons: Ms. Portia Bungqu 012 306 2032/Ms. Petunia Nomvela 012 306 2033 / Ms. Thandiwe Lekhuleni 012 306 2034/ Mr. Tshepo Ndlamini 012 306 2055/ Mr. Brent Botha at 012 306 2034/2055/ Mr. Jacob Seerane 012 306 2033/2055
- Physical Address: 196 Masada Building, Cnr. Johannes Ramokhoase (Proes) and Paul Kruger Street, Pretoria
- Before you apply: All costs associated with an application will be borne by the applicant. The Department of Correctional Services is an equal opportunity employer. The Department will take into consideration the objectives of Section 195 (1) (i) of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, 1996 (Act 108 of 1996) and the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act 55 of 1998) in filling of these vacancies. It is our intention to promote representivity in respect of race, gender and disability through the filling of these positions. In support of this strategy, applicants need to indicate race, gender and disability status on the application form/CV. Applicants who have retired from the Public Service with a specific determination that they cannot be re-appointed or have been declared medically unfit will not be considered.
Please take note that correspondence will only be conducted with the shortlisted candidates. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application is unsuccessful. Please do not call the Department to enquire about the progress of your application.
Applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification, and criminal records verification. Appointment to some of these posts will be provisional, pending the issue of a security clearance. If you cannot get a security clearance, your appointment will be re- considered/possibly terminated. Finger prints may be taken on the day of interview.
The Department of Correctional Services reserves the right not to fill any of these advertised posts.
Applications: Applications must be submitted on a new Z83 form (Public Service Application form), obtainable from any Public Service Department, and must be completed in full. Only a comprehensive CV, identity document and /or valid driver’s licence should be attached to your application form. Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified copies not older than six (6) months of qualifications and other related documents on or before the day of the interview. Please send a separate and complete application for each post you apply for, stating the correct reference for each position you are interested in. Faxed and e-mailed applications will not be accepted ⚫ Candidates must comply with the minimum appointment requirements ⚫ CV’s should be aligned to reflect one’s degree of compliance with the advert requirements and responsibilities. It is the sole responsibility of an applicant to ensure that their application reaches DCS before the stipulated
ALSO CHECK: Transnet is Hiring: Programme Manager, Reporting & Integrity
ALSO CHECK: Project Director (Strategic Projects) X6 Posts at Transnet South Africa
ALSO CHECK: Transnet Young Professional in Training (Heritage Assets and Preservation x3)
ALSO CHECK: General Workers/Assistants posts (X8) at Capricorn District Municipality (CDM)
ALSO CHECK: DRIVER OPERATOR (X8) (TLB AND CRANE TRUCK) LEPELLE NKUMPI (x3), BLOUBERG (x3), MOLEMOLE (x2) POSTS FOR SOUTH AFRICANS AT CAPRICORN DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY
ALSO CHECK: Umalusi is hiring: Junior ICT Infrastructure and User Support Technicians x2
ALSO CHECK: Finance and Supply Chain Management Senior Manager at Umalusi