Artisan Electro Mechanic x 17 at Sasol Mining.
DEADLINE: 24 November 2022
Artisan Electro Mechanic x 17 at Sasol Mining
Sasol Mining operates six coal mines that supply feedstock for our Southern African integrated value chain. The coal supplied to Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) is mainly used as gasification feedstock and some is used to generate electricity. The coal supplied to Sasolburg Operations (SO) is used to generate electricity and steam. We also export coal from the Twistdraai Export Plant to international power generation customers via the Richards Bay Coal Terminal.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position will be in support of Full Calendar Operation
An Artisan/Senior Artisan is responsible for the management of the maintenance process in the area of responsibility, to enable mining teams to reach production targets within the principles of the QCDSM.
- Manage control and maintain equipment in area of responsibility
- Safety management and risk assessment
- Ensure that COPs and SOPs are understood and adhered to
- Identify ISO standards
- Accurate and realistic maintenance and overall plan and budget
- Ensure maximum availability and reliability of equipment
- Conformance to all legal statutory and Sasol requirements
- Provide specific expertise and in-section coaching and training and complex repairs
- Evaluate personnel training needs schedule for training
- Coach sub-ordinates towards requirements for next highest level
- REQUIREMENTS: Qualifications and expertise required (Must)
- Grade 12/N3 (or equivalent) both with Maths, Science and English/Business English
- NQF 4 Trade Test (Valid EM Trade Test Certificate – Qualified EM/Millright)
- Flame proofing and gas testing where applicable
- Fault finding experience
- Knowledge of the work management process and implementation thereof (wish)
- Understand and use the plant/mine maintenance documentation system, etc job cards, task list notification
- Understand failure modes of discipline specific equipment
- Computer literate (wish)
- Coal Mining Underground experience (Fiery mine experience) is an added advantage
- Experience of trunks and Telemetric’ s will be at your advantage.
In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment, as part of the normal pre-employment selection criteria.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES: Competencies (skills, knowledge and characteristics)
- Team building and coaching skills
- Ability to plan, co-ordinate and control all activities
- Ability to drive QCDSM
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate
- Conceptual ability
- Problem solving and decision making
- Strategic planning
- Risk Assessment
Self-Mastery: Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
Click here to join our WhatsApp Group (There is no need to join if you are already in one of our groups)