BONN SDG FELLOWSHIPS 2021
Apply for the Bonn SDG Fellowships 2021
Deadline: May 31, 2021
About Bonn Fellowships 2021
What is the goal of the funding line?
Through this fellowship program, tenured faculty (in the rank of professor) at the University of Bonn can invite international postdoctoral fellows for a joint research project on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as set forth by the United Nations in its Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development. The scientists should research and teach together with a professor from the University of Bonn for one or two semesters.
Special Regional Focus:
The University of Bonn currently has a large number of collaborations with universities and research institutes in Africa, Asia and Latin America. As shown by the SDG index, implementing the Sustainable Development Goals poses considerable challenges for many countries in these regions. Based on the 17th Sustainable Development Goal, “Partnerships for the Goals,” researchers in the above-mentioned regions are given preference for the Bonn SDG Fellowships. The goal is to support talented researchers and build and strengthen networks through them.
The funding is for a period of at least 3 and not more than 12 months.
Who is eligible for funding?
Post-doctoral researchers (with foreign citizenship) invited by a professor of the University of Bonn for a joint research project. The fellow should research or teach at a university or research institute in the above-mentioned regions and demonstrate proven expertise in an area of research from the thematic spectrum of the SDGs.
Please note that we cannot match and establish contact between interested fellows and faculty at the University of Bonn.
What is the size of the funding?
The funding can cover the following:
- A travel allowance (depending on country of origin)
- A scholarship of € 3,000 per month (additional funds for family members: up to € 300 for a spouse and € 250 per child)
- A research expense allowance of up to € 500 per month can be submitted to the International Office after the fellowship has been awarded. Information on applying for the allowance will be provided with your fellowship award.
Insurance benefits are not included in the scholarship.
Please note that the International Office cannot provide housing for scholarship recipients.
The funding is for a period of at least 3 and not more than 12 months. When calculating costs please note the instructions in the financing plan (and use the following Excel table, download here).
What are the selection criteria?
- The quality of the research project to be worked on during the stay in Bonn
- Work on a topic that contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as set forth by the United Nations in its Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development
- Relevance of the research topic to developments in the region of origin
- The fellow’s contribution to academic life in Bonn (e.g. via public lectures, seminars or colloquiums)
- The fellow’s integration into the host institute (place of work, integration into existing teaching and research activities)
- Follow-on value: a plan for future collaboration projects between the fellow and the host institute in Bonn
Who submits the application?
The application for the Bonn SDG Fellowships must be submitted by a full-time professor at the University of Bonn together with the fellow.Please note that we cannot match and establish contact between interested fellows and faculty at the University of Bonn.
What is the application time frame for the SDG Fellowships ?
Submission deadline: May 31, 2021 (for funding starting at the earliest in January, and no later than July 2022)
How is the application submitted?
► Application form Bonn SDG Fellowships
What does the application include?
- Online form
- Project description (PDF of max. 8 pages), consisting of:
- An outline of the research project to be worked on during the fellow’s stay in Bonn
- Reasons for the fellow’s invitation and a description of his or her contribution to research and teaching at the University of Bonn, an outline of the activities through which the fellow will enrich university life at the University of Bonn during his or her stay there
- An overview of the collaboration between the applicant and the fellow so far
- An outline of the integration of the fellow into the host institute (place of work, participation in teaching and research activities)
- An outline of follow-on value: (a) plan for the outcome of the stay, (b) plan for growing the collaboration in the future.
- Fellow’s CV (PDF)
- A financing plan (please use the following Excel table, download here)
International Office, Partnerships and International Researchers, Mira Zöller – Phone: +49 228 73-60617 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To Apply VISIT BONN SDG FELLOWSHIPS OFFICIAL SITE
ALSO READ: International Students Scholarships at Alvernia University in the United States
CLICK HERE to Join Youth Opportunities Hub WhatsApp Group (If you are already in one of our WhatsApp groups, then there is no need to join)
PAY ATTENTION: Join youthopportunitieshub.com Telegram Channel! Never miss important updates!
Please follow Youth Opportunities Hub on: Twitter | Facebook