City of Johannesburg Bursaries for South African Youth
DEADLINE: 21 November 2022
This opportunity is open to YOUTH in the Johannesburg community
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ) is committed to fulfil its socio-economic mandate by providing training opportunities in the form of financial assistance to community recipients, within the Johannesburg metropolitan area, who intend pursuing academic studies at a recognised TVET College and / or HET Institution in South Africa. The bursary is for qualifications that are a minimum duration of one year of full-time study.
The CoJ is offering bursaries to South African youth, who permanently reside in Johannesburg, to pursue full-time undergraduate studies in the following technical and vocational study fields:
|Computer Systems||Network and System Administration|
|Data Management||Software Developer|
|Information Technology/Security||Web Developer|
Criteria for selection
- Selection of successful candidates will be strictly on academic merit.
- Applicants are expected to study at an accredited South African tertiary institution.
- It is the student’s responsibility to seek admission with a tertiary institution.
- The bursary is for qualifications of no less than one year.
- The bursary is renewable annually, based on academic performance/results.
- The bursary is not applicable for post graduate qualifications
The Bursary covers
Tuition and registration fees, prescribed books and/or study material and is limited to the amount of R 35,000.00 per academic year
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment/response is received within six (6) weeks of the closing date, they must accept that their application was unsuccessful.
Contact Person: Billy Baloyi
Tel No: (011) 407 6979
Please take note that only online applications will be considered. Please apply by using the following link below:
APPLY ONLINE VIA WEBSITE: www.joburg.org.za
A completed application form, proof of residence, certified copy of ID and matric certificate, any relevant qualifications, and proof of income must be included with the application.