Apply for the city of Johannesburg internship.
DEADLINE: 10 May 2022
An internship programme is an intervention by the City of Johannesburg to address the growing demand by a tertiary institution for students to undergo on-the-job exposure, as a pre-requisite to acquire an academic qualification or as a requirement after the acquisition of academic qualification to obtain experiential training.
The City is committed to providing work-based training for students.
- This Vacancy is open to all qualifying STUDENTS in the Johannesburg Community for a period not exceeding 18 months
- Interested applicants are invited to apply for the positions listed in the circular.
- Complete the online job application form and attach all relevant documents (Certified Qualification/s, ID, and CV).
- The City of Johannesburg reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- Appointments will be made in accordance with the COJ Employment Equity policy and People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- The City of Johannesburg is an equal opportunity employer.
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ), Environmental & Infrastructure Service Department (EISD) has the following Internship opportunities available for a period NOT exceeding eighteen (18) months
DEPARTMENT: Environmental & Infrastructure Service Department (EISD)
BRANCH: Impact Management and Compliance and Monitoring
DESIGNATION: Internship REMUNERATION:
(Qualification completed with min 360 credits): R8 329.27 pm (Basic Salary, no benefits)
(Enrolled as a student) : R3 500.00 pm (Basic salary, no benefits)
LOCATION: Traduna House Braamfontein
- Matric plus a Diploma in Administrative or equivalent qualification registered at SAQA 5 / 6
- WHEREAS the institution envisages extending the training of the student by adding a practical or experiential training discipline hereinafter referred to as “training”, namely in the field of Administration as part of the existing courses/studies.
- Computer literacy – MS Office Applications,
- Ages between 18 – 35 years; and
- Only City of Joburg residents will be considered.
Provide an administration service to the Impact Management (IM sub-unit with regards to the registration and records management (including filling) in respect of development proposal application submitted to the City for comments and review.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Control the administrative requirements associated with Impact Management (IM)
- Provide general office clerical work requiring some independent judgment.
- Monitor the consolation, processing, and representation for functional information.
- Control workflow processes and output levels of work by providing administrative guidance.
- Problem analysis and solving,
- Office administration procedures.
- Customer service.
- Computer Literacy,
Contact Person: Apfeswaho Muruge
Tel No: (011) 587 4310/07
Please take note that only online applications will be considered. Please apply by using the following link below:
APPLY ONLINE VIA WEBSITE: www.joburg.org.za
You may also check> New vacancies at Eskom (South African Power Utility)