Coca-Cola Beverages Africa (CCBA) Data Science Internship for young South Africans 2023
DEADLINE: 31 March 2023
Coca-Cola Beverages Africa (CCBA) Data Science Graduate
Coca-Cola Beverages Africa (CCBA) is committed to fostering a data-driven culture and is seeking an ambitious and talented BSc Data Science graduate to join our Master Data Management team.
The purpose of this program is to expose unemployed graduates with the necessary qualifications to workplace practices for a period of eighteen (18) months. In addition, the graduates will develop competencies in the Data Science environment, to increase their employment prospects.
Key Outputs and Accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the team to design, implement and monitor the multi-functional, multi geographical policies for Data Management and their system enablement to ensure efficiency and effectiveness / quality of policies to meet business requirements, compliance with statutory government regulations, legal contracts, and accounting requirements to minimise liability and risk.
- · Contribute to the development of strategy, which includes data collection model, entry control, quality roadmap.
- · Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams to support data-related initiatives.
- · Assist with development and facilitation of data ownership model and governance policy including selection of local ‘data owners’.
- · Assist with development and implementation of a master data management (MDM) framework.
- · Aid the team in identifying strategic opportunities to enable local growth levers and associated resource allocation.
- · Participate in continuous improvement efforts by identifying areas for improvement and providing recommendations.
- · Continuous analysis of data, and development of relevant insights (including trends and predictive analysis) for reporting and planning purposes.
- · Continuously seeking new and improved ways for data extraction and consumption by relevant stakeholders for reporting and planning.
- · Understanding of available data analysis and machine learning tools to support robust and forward-thinking insight generation for reporting and planning.
- · Use data science skills to mine and interpret data. These include but are not limited to: advanced statistics, data wrangling, data mining, data analysis, feature engineering and predictive modeling, distributed computing, machine learning tools and data intuition, to analyse and interpret complex data-sets for reporting and planning.
- · Contribute to the consolidation of data solutions into viable end products that can be leveraged on an ongoing basis e.g. dashboards, reports etc.
- · Present data analysis (trends, insights, forecasts) and findings to show tangible business impact to be derived from the data science process.
- · Stay ahead of the curve on data science trends and leading practice data science tools and techniques and be able to transition to advanced methods for the continuous optimisation of a data-led environment.
Skills and Abilities
- · Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- · Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- · Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- · Eagerness to learn and grow within the Master Data Steward space
Qualifications and Experience:
- · Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree in Data Science
- · Preference will be given to South African Citizens
- · 0 – 1 year work experience and should be a recent graduate
- · Data analysis skills using Excel, SQL and reporting tools to import, analyse and report on data (preferable)
Closing date: 31 March 2023
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP (Please do not join if you are already in one of our groups)
ALSO CHECK: Gauteng Department of Health Latest Vacancies