Apply for the communications internship position based in Lusaka, Zambia
Deadline: 19 April, 2021
Background (communications internship)
Under the direct supervision of the National Information Officer and overall supervision by the Development Coordination Officer, Strategic Planning and RCO Team Leader, the intern will provide support for activities relating to communications, advocacy and media.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties of the communications internship position will include but not be limited to:
- Writing of UN Zambia website stories
- Supporting the layout/design and production of newsletters and brochures
- Supporting the development of communication products such as feature articles
- Compiling content for the Verified Campaign
- Draft compelling Social Media posts around UN Zambia events and UN key messages
- Supporting with a wide range of COVID-19 Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) tasks including taking notes during meetings
- Assisting with virtual and in person events including launches
- Attending UN Communication Group and Risk Communication Team meetings
- Developing content including images and videos for website and Social Media Platforms
- Supporting with developing and/or updating databases of UN Zambia contacts including government, diplomatic missions, media and NGOs.
- Supporting with research on various subjects both from UN and non-UN online sources
- Providing day-to-day support to office activities both virtually and in person
Terms of Appointment
Duration of the internship is three (3) months. Participating interns are required to work full- time during office hours which are:
Monday – Thursday: 08:00 – 17:00 (one hour lunch break from 13:00 – 14:00)
Friday: 08:00 – 13:30
A monthly stipend of ZMW2,583.75 will be paid to the intern. Costs of transportation to and from work, meals, health insurance, accommodation and living expenses are the responsibility of the interns or their sponsoring institutions. Interns do not receive a salary or emoluments from the United Nations.
- Excellent knowledge of English with fluency in speaking, reading and writing.
- Strong interest in working in the UN system.
- General IT competence and command of main office software programmes
- Internet communication and searching skills
- Social media skills
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and a strong team working capacity.
Required Skills and Experience
Must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree programme of a recognised institution in fields related to journalism, communications, media studies, political and social sciences, economics, international relations, law, marketing, public and business administration, public health or other relevant programmes.
Must have completed undergraduate or graduate studies in the fields stated above within the last one year.
Must be able to provide proof of continuing studies such as a letter of confirmation from a university
Must Attach an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
How to apply?
Visit the UNDP communications internship WEBSITE
CLICK HERE to Join Youth Opportunities Hub WhatsApp Group (If you are already in one of our WhatsApp groups, then there is no need to join)