Apply for Communications Officer at the International Monetary Fund
DEADLINE: 11 January 2023
Communications Officer at the International Monetary Fund
Work for the IMF. Work for the World.
The specialist, as an integral part of STA’s communication group, will play a critical role in supporting implementation of the department’s communication strategy, focusing on both internal and external audiences. The specialist will work under the supervision of STA’s point person on Communications and Outreach, and support efforts to identify communication and outreach opportunities for STA, and to implement communication and outreach activities. S/he will establish good working relations with key counterparts in COM, Creative Lab (CSF), and others in the communications and outreach community in the IMF.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain a rolling calendar of STA communication and outreach activities.
- Provide guidance on communication policy, procedures, and good practices, and support engagement with COM.
- Help to review communication materials (e.g., IMF blogposts, charts of the week, intranet articles).
- Support the planning and implementation of STA communication efforts during the Spring and Annual Meetings and around STA flagship events, including the Statistical Forum.
- Promote STA publications.
- Coordinate the preparation and release of STA data release announcements.
- Support in-reach activities to other departments, including the communication on major on-going projects.
- Manage STA’s intranet pages, including by (i) seeking new content from STA staff and assisting with posting it, and (ii) serving as the point person in STA for the intranet upgrade, and for revamping STA’s intranet presence.
- Monitor the feedback on IMF data portal and STA intranet pages and coordinate their regular updates in collaboration with COM and STA webmaster, respectively.
- Manage STA’s social media accounts and its contributions to IMF’s social media accounts.
- Design and implement an impact assessment matrix for STA communication activities and provide a summary report to the STA communication group and DG on a quarterly basis.
- An advanced university degree, or equivalent, in communications, international relations, languages, or a related field; or a university degree, or equivalent, supplemented by a minimum of six (6) years of relevant professional experience, is required. Strong command of English; fluency in other languages is a plus.
- Proven ability to create effective web and social media content with a focus on meeting institutional communications goals.
- Expertise in web publishing, data visualization, and video/animation production.
- Experience in writing and editing digital content in English, with ability to translate technical material for a broader audience and tell narrative stories.
- Understanding of global economic issues and the IMF’s role and mandate. Intellectual curiosity about economic and financial developments is essential.
- Ability to negotiate effectively and be a team player, as well as openness to feedback and excellent interpersonal skills, are non-negotiable.