Apply now for COP27 Calls Global ClimaTech Startups & Digital Artists
Deadline: 22 September 2022
ClimaTech Run (ClimaTechRun.com) is a multi-stage program promoting innovation and creativity for climate action through technology and digital art. The competition offers a grand prize of $100,000 in addition to an opportunity to showcase innovative climate actions at COP27.
Pitch your idea at COP27 for a chance to win the grand prize of $100,000! Egypt’s Ministries of International Cooperation, Environment and Communications and Information Technology along with the USAID, WFP, Afreximbank, Google and other partners launched the #ClimaTechRun to engage tech startups and digital artists in addressing climate change.
Ten lucky startups will be shortlisted for the pitching event during COP27 in November in Sharm El-Sheikh, and a public vote will take place in the second half of September to select the shortlisted digital art candidates for the best artistic expression of climate action! There will also be a special prize of $50,000 for the winning African startup!
If you feel like this is something you might be up for, we highly encourage you to apply through this link here: https://climatechrun.com
The ClimaTech Run 2022 consists of 2 main tracks:
- Tech Startups Track:
This track focuses on the use of ICT in developing innovative solutions and new applications for climate action, notably in the following thematic areas: Energy, Food security and agriculture, Water management, Industry 4.0 for climate action, Urban sustainability, Mobility and transportation, or other climate resilience applications.
- Registered Startup operating for 2 years
- Team of at least 3 members, with member’s average under 40
- Sustainably driven & innovative business supported by an emerging technology
- Not a spin-off or subsidiary of an existing company
- Has a functional prototype or MVP (minimum viable product)
- Team has good communication skills and can present their startup in English
Benefits of Applying:
- Grand Prize of $100,000
- Pitch your idea at COP27
- Be Part of the ClimaTech Global Network Programme
- Special Prizes for top African Startups of up to $50,000
- Digital Art Track:
This track focuses on all digital art and media expression forms, including: Digital paintings and drawings, 3D modeling, Vector art, Animation videos, Digital Collage, Digital Photography & Photo manipulation, and the use of new media technologies for art is also encouraged.
- Artist must be of age 18+ at the time of applying to the competition
- Artist can only present a maximum of 3 pieces per entry
- The work submitted must be authentic and original
- In case of winning, applicant must be able to provide valid contact details and sufficient bank information or tax forms to receive the monetary award.
Benefits of Applying:
- Featuring top artworks at COP27
- Be part of a virtual gallery for COP27 DigitalArt4Climate Collection
- Top-voted digital artists will be awarded up to $5,000 for winning the competition in the first place, $3,000 for the second place and $2,000 for the third place.
Application Deadline for #ClimaTechRun: September 22nd at 23:59 (GMT)
Apply Now: https://climatechrun.com/
You may also check> The Department of Public Works and Infrastructure advertised new job vacancies.