Apply for the D-Prize global competition 2021
Select a challenge above and be prepared for the following deadlines:
- The Global Competition launches on April 5, 2021.
- Early Submission Deadline: May 16, 2021 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Regular Submission Deadline: June 6, 2021 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Extension Deadline (limited to 200 people who register): June 27, 2021 at midnight PT (pacific time)
ABOUT THE D-PRIZE GLOBAL COMPETITION
D-Prize is proud to announce that the first D-Prize Global Competition of 2021 is LIVE and accepting applications from aspiring social entrepreneurs around the world! Join us and our growing community of 190+ Distribution Entrepreneurs.
D-Prize challenges bold new leaders to tackle distribution problems impeding development in countries where extreme poverty exists. This year, we are looking to award 30+ teams with up to $20,000 each to launch nonprofits or social ventures that can distribute proven poverty interventions to thousands, maybe even millions of people.
D-Prize is looking to find and fund high-potential problem solvers. We believe the idea candidate or candidate team is:
- Focused on distributing a proven poverty intervention in the fields of education, girls’ education, agriculture, energy, global health, and governance and infrastructure (see our challenges for more details)
- At the idea stage for starting a distribution venture or leading an organization (with a distribution component) that is less than 2 years old and has raised less than $30,000
- Prepared to launch a 3 month pilot with a long-term vision for scale and ready to have at least one founder working on the pilot full-time
- We apologize, but at this time we are only able to evaluate applications submitted in English. However, an applicant’s English need not be perfect, and grammar and vocabulary errors will not be penalized. We only want to understand the idea.
You will have to select the challenges below via the D-Prize official website to learn more about poverty interventions in need of scale and begin your application.
+ HEALTH ACCESS
+ CLEAN WATER
+ PUBLIC SERVICES
Submit your concept note and resume(s). We generally receive 1700 submissions per competition.
Top 5% of entrepreneurs are invited to submit a full proposal. You will have two weeks to draft and submit.
Top entrepreneurs interview via phone and email. The top 1% will receive up to $20,000 to launch.
You will spend the next three months using your talent to start a venture that can grow and help millions of people.
HOW TO APPLY?
If you are interested in applying and joining our community of Distribution Entrepreneurs, you can learn more about the D-Prize challenges (in energy, agriculture, health, education, and more) and apply at www.d-prize.org. The regular deadline is June 6 and there is an extension deadline of June 27 available for those who sign up.
ALSO CHECK: We-Account Social Innovation Challenge 2020-2021