Data Scientist Intern: CSIR Youth Employment Service (YES Programme)
DEADLINE: 20 December 2022
- Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
- Date posted: 02 December 2022
- Closing date: 20 December 2022
- Salary: R 6,737.00 per month – Base pay on fixed amount only
- Job type: Fixed-term
REFERENCE NUMBER: 721694
This is a 12-month fixed term employment opportunity, funded via the YES programme for unemployed South African youth to gain practical work experience. Successful candidate will work Monday to Friday at a fast-paced leading scientific and technology research organisation in Pretoria.
The successful Data Scientist Intern will have the opportunity to put his/her academic qualifications into action in a workplace setting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Successful incumbents would be part of dynamic multi-organisational and multidisciplinary teams collaborating on Infrastructure innovation, and strategic infrastructure management projects.
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy the programme’s basic eligibility criteria to qualify:
- South African Citizen, first-time participant in the YES programme.
- Currently unemployed.
- Must have Matric and Bachelor-s Degree (or Higher Certificate) /relevant qualification in Data Science.
- Have strong mathematical & numeracy skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work under presure and independantly.
– YES programme participants also work through 40 digital learning modules on Work-Readiness. Please note that this is not a learnership/qualification, it is a work experience programme.
How to apply
Please note that the adverts for the 2023 CSIR YES Programme job opportunities are now posted on https://sayouth.mobi/. Applicants must first Register on https://sayouth.mobi/Home/Index/EN to be able to apply for the posts.