ETHEKWINI MUNICIPAL STUDENTS RELIEF FUND- 2023 ACADEMIC YEAR
DEADLINE: 16 December 2022
eThekwini Municipal Students Relief Fund
EThekwini Municipality invites qualifying applicants who are South African Citizens permanently residing in eThekwini Municipal Area and wish to commence or continue studying towards their first undergraduate studies in a public higher education institution in the 2023 academic year to apply for eThekwini Municipal Students Relief Fund. This financial assistance is for a full time study programme at a public higher education institution NOT PRIVATE and will be awarded based on academic performance. The financial assistance is mainly for registration and a provision may be made towards a portion of tuition fees NOT accommodation, meals, books, sports, transportation and/or any other related costs. People with disabilities are also encouraged to apply. It is the student’s responsibility to apply for admission and get acceptance to a higher education institution. Students are encouraged to further apply for financial assistance from other funding sources as this funding will not cover the costs of studying.
- Applications/CV should include the following information/documents:
- A copy of a Matric certificate if you have completed your NSC (Matric)and have not studied in any higher education institution
- An academic record if you are currently studying at a higher education institution
- Proof of income/salary of both parent(s) and guardians (e.g., pay slip / letter from employer or sworn statement or tax return statement for self-employed parents or guardian (s).
- Income of parents combined and/or guardian is R160 000.00 and should there be 2 or more students in a household, the cut off is R200 000.00
- Proof of unemployment if parents are unemployed from Department of Labour Certified copy of your South African ID Parents or guardian (s) ID copies or death certificate (s) where applicable.
- Acceptance letter from the public higher education institution.
- Financial statement from a higher education institution Motivation from the applicant on why you should be considered for financial assistance.
- Proof of residence with the name of the applicant
Priority will be given to applicants who are underrepresented in terms of race, gender and disability and to eThekwini residents.
Applicants who have not been contacted /notified within ten weeks from closing date of this advert should consider their applications unsuccessful.