Geospatial Information Systems Intern: CSIR Youth Employment Service (YES Programme)
DEADLINE: 20 December 2022
- Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
- Date posted: 02 December 2022
- Closing date: 20 December 2022
- Salary: R 6,737.00 per month – Base pay on fixed amount only
- Job type: Fixed-term
REFERENCE NUMBER: 721696
This is a 12-month fixed term employment opportunity, funded via the YES programme for unemployed South African youth to gain practical work experience. Successful candidate will work Monday to Friday at a fast-paced leading scientific and technology research organisation in Pretoria.
The successful Geospatial Information Systems Intern will have the opportunity to put his/her academic qualifications into action in a workplace setting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in analyzing spatial data through the use of mapping software.
- Assist in designing digital maps with geographic data and other data sources.
- Assist in developing mapping applications and tools.
- assist to produce reports on geographic data utilizing data visualizations.
- Able to manage a digital library of geographic maps in various file types.
- Performing data munging and cleaning to convert data into its desired form.
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy the programme’s basic eligibility criteria to qualify:
- South African Citizen, first-time participant in the YES programme.
- Currently unemployed.
- Must have matric and in B Degree / B Tech / N Dip and can accommodate 1-2 administrators / matriculant for project management and general team support activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
– YES programme participants also work through 40 digital learning modules on Work-Readiness. Please note that this is not a learnership/qualification, it is a work experience programme.
How to apply
Please note that the adverts for the 2023 CSIR YES Programme job opportunities are now posted on https://sayouth.mobi/. Applicants must first Register on https://sayouth.mobi/Home/Index/EN to be able to apply for the posts.