Apply for the Government of New Zealand Scholarships
Deadline: Depends on each country
Location: New Zealand
Scholarship Level: Undergraduate, Masters & Ph.D
No. of New Zealand Scholarships:
The New Zealand Scholarship is available to 130 Countries. From Each Country 5 Scholarships will be given. A total of 650 Scholarships will be provided this year.
The New Zealand Government Scholarship is a Fully Funded Scholarship & the Financial Support is given below.
- Full Tuition Fees
- Living Allowance (a stipend) of NZ$491 per week.
- An Establishment Allowance of NZ$3000. This is to help with set-up costs in New Zealand. For example, you can use it for Accommodation expenses, textbooks, or other study materials.
- Medical insurance when you are in New Zealand
- Airfare Travel Tickets to and from your own country.
- Travel Insurance
- Travel Home During your scholarship (We allow for one or two trips home, depending on the length of your scholarship.)
- Help with research and thesis costs for many postgraduate students.
Types of New Zealand Scholarships
- New Zealand Scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate study
These are full tertiary scholarships for eligible international students to study fulltime at a New Zealand education institution or a Pacific university.
- New Zealand Short Term Training Scholarships for Pacific and Timor-Leste citizens
These are short scholarships for skills training and on-the-job work experience for workers from eligible Pacific countries and from Timor-Leste.
- New Zealand Short Term Scholarships for citizens of Southeast Asia and Timor-Leste
These are short scholarships for skills training for workers from eligible Southeast Asian countries and from Timor-Leste.
- New Zealand English Language Training for Officials Scholarships (NZELTO)
These are short scholarships for government officials from eligible African and Asian countries to come to New Zealand for English language training
Why study in New Zealand
The entire scholarship experience from developing your mind and your career, to enjoying the relaxed Kiwi lifestyle and culture, has the potential to shape your life in the most enriching ways.
We are sure that securing a New Zealand Scholarship and studying abroad in New Zealand will be one of the best things you ever do. Watch the video to find out what our scholars say about studying on a full government scholarship in New Zealand:
Our scholars experience these benefits when studying in New Zealand
Our scholars tell us they love studying and living in New Zealand. Come and join them, and experience these benefits:
- You will gain a world-class education and better career prospects: All New Zealand universities are in the top 3% of universities worldwide by QS World University Rankings (external link).
- You will gain leadership skills and practical skills to share with your country: Your study programme will relate to your country’s human resource and development needs. After your study, you will return home to make a positive difference in your home country.
- You will feel welcome in New Zealand’s multi-cultural society that proudly celebrates its bicultural heritage. Around 15% of Kiwis are indigenous Māori, 12% are Asian and 7.5% are Pacific Islanders.
- You will make friends and strong connections for life. New Zealanders are known for their friendly, honest and open nature. On scholarship, you will get to know lots of Kiwis, but also you will become part of our global community of talented scholars.
- You will enjoy a relaxed and peaceful lifestyle in a country with high levels of government transparency and security. New Zealand is one of the most peaceful and least corrupt countries in the world.
- You will study in English: Learning and living abroad in an English-speaking country will reinforce your English language skills. English is the most commonly spoken language and Te Reo Māori and New Zealand Sign Language are the official languages of New Zealand.
- You will enjoy a good work-life balance. New Zealand is small and uncrowded so getting around and getting things done is relatively easy. New Zealanders value work-life balance. You will have time for fun and relaxation, as well as conscientious study.
- You can travel around our country with relative ease to experience New Zealand’s diverse landscapes from beautiful coastlines, snowy mountains, green native bush, quiet countryside to dynamic cosmopolitan cities.
- You will experience a progressive and inclusive society, that actively promotes equal opportunities and gender equality: New Zealand is world-leading with its nuclear-free policy, granting female voting rights and the rights of the LGBTQI+ community.
- You can learn from innovative experts in high demand subjects. New Zealand has experts in climate change and adaptation, environmental management, renewable energy, disaster risk management, food security, agribusiness, public sector management, indigenous development and innovative business.
- You will study in modern high-tech, learning environments, supported by approachable lecturers and expert educators, who focus on critical and innovative thinking.
- You will get good pastoral care: New Zealand educators have a duty of care to international students under the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students. This Code sets minimum standards to ensure international students are well-informed, safe and properly cared for by their education institution.
Please follow Youth Opportunities Hub on:
Please share this opportunity with your family, friends and loved ones on: