Graduate Water Quality Statistician post at Rand Water
DEADLINE: 26 January 2023
Graduate Water Quality Statistician at Rand Water
The overall responsibility of the successful candidate will be to complete a project within the statistical sub-section of Information Management Section. Assist with day-to-day duties with respect to all water quality data reporting to Scientific Services and Rand Water in a pro-active way to assist management in decision making
- Minimum requirement, Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in either Statistics or Applied Mathematics
- To be trained in all areas within the statistical section.
- Complete a project as defined by the water quality statistician.
- Reports on the statistical evaluation of data sets.
- Participate in the water quality reports generation procedures and processes.
- Participate on all Water quality monitoring and processes and procedures.
- Participate on all Water quality compliance reports and processes and procedures.
- Participate on the formulation and interpretation of Water quality indices.
- Participate in the development of scenarios on water quality.
- Participate in the implementation and use of Management decision support systems
- Participate in the proficiency testing schemes within Rand Water.
- Participate in the rendition of a statistical consultation service to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Participation in the strategic planning of Divisional Support Services and Information Management.
- Knowledge of statistical methodologies
- Basic knowledge of water chemistry and biology
- Basic knowledge of statistical software
- Knowledge of at least one Statistical Package
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Packages
- Good communication and skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Computer literacy
- Data mining skills
- Presentation skills