INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR ENVIRONMENT AND DEVELOPMENT: RESEARCHER.
Location: Central London|
Working Hours: 35hrs p/week|
Salary: £38,765 – £42,683 depending on experience, plus benefits|
Contract: 12 month fixed-term contract|
Deadline: 16th August 2020|
Interviews: 2nd September 2020|
About Us (IIED)
International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED) is an independent research organisation that aims to deliver positive change on a global scale. Our Shaping Sustainable Markets Group works to ensure that markets – big and small – are fair and enable poor people and nature to thrive. Their research focuses on the mechanisms, structures and policies that bring about more inclusive and green economies. We a currently looking for a Researcher to join us on a one year fixed-term contract that has the potential to extend. You will join our Inclusive Green Economy and Blue Economy teams, who work to deliver inclusive climate finance, promote inclusive biodiversity finance and ensure an inclusive blue economy.
- Salary of £38,765 – £42,683 depending on skills and experience
- Benefits package
- Fast-paced and engaging work environment
- Take on an engaging contract where you can make a difference
- If you are a research professional with an interest in climate, biodiversity and marine finance, this is an exciting opportunity to contribute to research which gives a voice to the world’s most vulnerable.
- You will have the chance to support us in developing creative solutions to global challenges by linking people, the environment and prosperity.
- We are a growing organisation on the lookout for professional and creative people with a passion for our mission. If you think you could make a difference as part of our dedicated team, we want to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Researcher, you will support the delivery of a range of research projects and partnerships on inclusive green and blue economics.
This will cover a range of sub-topics such as: climate finance (climate budgeting and expenditure analysis at national, local and household level, debt and climate finance swaps) and biodiversity finance (biocredits and natural capital accounting) and marine finance (fiscal reforms, impact investing, natural capital accounting for small-scale fisheries).
Some of your role will involve:
– Working across multiple countries, partner organisations and cultural contexts to co-ordinate collaborative work
– Designing, adapting and applying conceptual and theoretical frameworks to research
– Writing up research in a range of styles, such as working papers, blogs, policy briefings and case studies
– Working with other researchers and communications colleagues to disseminate knowledge and communication products
– Under supervision, developing and co-ordinating the preparation of funding concepts and proposals
- A solid research background, evidenced by a track record of growing publications in your own field
- In-country programme or research experience
- Experience of co-ordinating research, including from a distance
- An understanding of the debates, processes, actors and institutions linked to environmental economics and the sustainable finance agenda
- An interest in, and knowledge of, climate, biodiversity and marine finance
- The ability to grow your network of contacts in your own field
- Excellent English communication skills, including the ability to convey complex messages in a clear, concise and effective manner, both verbally and in writing
- A postgraduate degree in environmental economics or a relevant discipline, ideally a PhD
- Experience of any of the following would be beneficial: policy analysis and influencing policy debates, organising and running workshops/events or multi-stakeholder national/international events, working in cross-country or multi-partner projects, or working in Africa and Asia.
- Knowledge of fiscal policy and the environment would also be an advantage, as would bio economic modelling skills or language skills in another relevant international language, such as French.
How to apply?
Follow this link to apply
The problem is you only post these fields on internet but we don’t see results….. we need results
Hello Justin. Never lose hope with applying. Use the link that we provide, it will take you to the official page. We wish you the best