The National Empowerment Fund (NEF) funds black entrepreneurs to create real economic empowerment for black people. It assists existing and start-up businesses with non-financial business support, and also helps them financially through various funds, including the Women Empowerment Fund; Imbewu Fund; COVID-19 Business Fund; Umnotho Fund, Rural, Township and Community Development Fund; Strategic Projects Fund; Arts and Culture Venture Capital Fund; and Tourism Transformational Fund.
How to apply for funding from the National Empowerment Fund (NEF)?
- Visit www.nefcorp.co.za and click on the ‘funding solutions’ tab.
- Do a needs analysis for yourself and your business by reading and understanding all nine funds the NEF offers.
- Click ‘how to apply for funding’, under the ‘funding solutions’ tab at the top of the page. Download an application form and fill it in to present your business case for assessment. You must attach a proposal that contains information that your business will be able to make a profit.
- A business plan guideline has been provided on the application form, to highlight various topics you need to cover when making your submission.
- Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once your application is received, it will be assessed and the NEF will provide you with feedback.
This article was originally published in the GCIS Vuk’uzenzele.