Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
DEADLINE: 09 June, 2021
Location: Cameroon, Cameroon
Organization: African Union Commission – AUC
• Respect for Diversity and Team Work • Think Africa Above all
• Transparency and Accountability • Integrity and Impartiality
• Efficiency and Professionalism • Information and Knowledge Shari
Reports to:- ClimSA/GFCS Project Coordinator (line reporting) & ECCAS Unit Coordinator
Directorate: Sustainable Environment & Blue Economy
Division Sustainable Environment
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Indirect Reports : 0
Job Grade: P2
Location: Douala, Cameroun
Purpose of Job
The African Union Commission (AUC) has secured funding from the European Union for the implementation of the Global Framework for Climate Services (GFCS) through the Intra-ACP Climate Services and Related Application (ClimSA) programme. The programme addresses the issue of climate information throughout the entire supply chain of climate services covering generation and provision of climate services, access to information, user interface platforms, and capacity enhancement of critical players including, but not limited to, Regional Economic Communities (RECs), the National Meteorological and Hydrological Services (NMHSs) of Member States, and Regional Climate Centres (RCCs). It aims to enable Member States to develop and incorporate science-based climate information and prediction into development planning and decision-making at all levels, and to better manage risks of climate variability and change, Furthermore, it enhances policy and decision-making at continental, regional, national, community, and individual levels.
The AUC is responsible for the overall continental coordination of the programme implementation, which includes the development and application of weather and climate information services; facilitation of capacity building for RECs and Member States; fostering sharing of best practices and coordinating knowledge management; procurement and supply of equipment for Member States and Regional Climate Centres; establishing and operationalization of the continental monitoring and reporting framework; facilitation of preparation of Africa State of Climate Reports and Outlooks; prudent management of financial resources; and monitoring and evaluation. The AUC is also directly responsible for the management and implementation of the project in the ECCAS region.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer shall:
• Assist in the following up on the activities of the project, primarily in relation to monitoring and evaluating progress made in line with a predefined strategic plan. Participate in the development of strategic and periodic plans using the logical framework approach for information analysis and reporting.
• Suggest new and expand on existing policy areas for planned research, development and coordination of monitoring and evaluation systems for plans, projects and programs and in the capitalization of information.
• Contribute in conducting analysis and generate accurate reports in a timely manner for the project.
• Assist in setting the overall research direction of a relevant policy area.
• Engage with relevant mid-level stakeholders and develop working relationships.
• Assist in drafting reports and participate in the preparation of budget and work programmes related to the functioning of the Project.
• Provide technical support to internal and external stakeholders
Under the authority and supervision of the ClimSA/GFCS Project Coordinator and in close collaboration with the members of the Management Unit, the Project Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will:
• Establish and implement a monitoring and evaluation system;
• Plan and execute M&E activities and project reporting in line with the log framework;
• Collect and analyse project implementation data and prepare reports
• Ensure that the logical framework is update will all actors of the project clarified;
• Conduct sentitization and provide training for project stakeholders in monitoring and evaluation activities;
• Ensure timely follow-up of project activities by collecting, processing and analysing data relating to the project;
• Evaluate the effects and impact of the project through quantitative and qualitative indicators;
• Prepare periodic reports on the level of technical and financial achievement of the project;
• Identify and collect lessons learnt, best practices, and constraints and suggest recommendations for improving implementation;
• Contribute to the preparation and implementation of the project database and the use of various techniques including GIS;
• Support identification of clean monitoring and evaluation indicators;
• Establish monitoring and reporting mechanisms with reference to the logical framework;
• Prepare and implement the M&E manual, procedures and plan;
• Provide technical and methodological support in the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities;
• Develop and monitor the project’s annual activities in collaboration with other project staff and implementing partners
• Prepare reports and information materials from M&E activities and ensure their wide dissemination;
• Supervising the survey operations necessary to assess the effects and impacts of the project;
• Conduct surveys to assess the effects and impacts of the project;
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
The M&E Officer must demonstrate solid experience in the development and coordination of monitoring and evaluation systems for plans, projects and programs and in the capitalization of information. S/he must also have demonstrated knowledge of the logical framework approach and other approaches to strategic planning, information analysis and reporting.
• Candidates must have a minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Environmental studies, Sustainable Development, Natural Resources Management, Project Management, Meteorology, or related. Higher academic qualification will be an advantage.
• At least three (3) years of professional experience of which at least two (2) years should be at a similar or higher in monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
• Good experience in M&E approaches, design, execution and conduct of surveys.
• Have a good command of the project cycle (formulation, supervision, self-evaluation by the beneficiaries, mid-term and final evaluation);
• Ability to analyse and synthesise data and drafting reports;
• Have proven skills in using IT tools;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Sound planning and organizational skills;
• Advanced knowledge of climate change and meteorology technical processes;
• Proficiency in one of the AU working languages and fluency in another is an advantage
• Experience in ECCAS is an added advantage.
• Good knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher).
• Ability to work under pressure within a multidisciplinary team
• Have excellent teamwork skills and the ability to interact with a range of people;
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to communicate specialized information to non-specialists;
• Experience in project management.
Change Management .Managing Risk.
Teamwork and Collaboration.Accountability awareness and Compliance.Learning Orientation.Continuous improvement focus.
Analytical thinking and problem solving.Job Knowledge and information sharing.Drive for result.Continuous improvement focus.
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment shall be for an initial period of one (1) year, the first three (3) months of which shall be on probation. It shall be renewable subject to performance and availability of funds.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The salary attached to the position is an annual lump-sum of US$ 85,212.07 (P2 Step 5) inclusive of all allowances for internationally recruited staff, and US$ 66,751.81 inclusive of all allowances for locally recruited staff of the African Union Commission.
Applications must be made not later than 9 June 2021
Requisition ID: 363Apply now
Visit OFFICIAL WEBSITE to APPLY
You may also be interested in the following opportunity> School of Development Economics Scholarships 2021
CLICK HERE to Join Youth Opportunities Hub WhatsApp Group (If you are already in one of our WhatsApp groups, then there is no need to join)