Nedbank South Africa: Graduate Trainee Analyst
DEADLINE: 06 January 2023
To assist with the implementation of the business intelligence philosophy through data analysis, research and support functions, in line with Nedbank Group strategy.
Graduate Trainee: Analyst
- Assess needs and provide solutions Interacting with internal and external clients.
- Provide feedback and make business presentations to stakeholders.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals. Compile; maintain and monitor economic; industry and other data series through research and analysis.
- Make recommendations by using quantitative and qualitative analysis (including statistical and analytical reporting)
- Identify and interpret relevant information using logic to seek cause and effect relationships, troubleshoot and escalate exceptions.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc).
- Participate and support corporate social responsibility initiatives for the achievement of key business strategies.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance processes; systems and policies and support implementation of new processes; policies and systems.
- Evaluate performance of output through regular data quality reviews.
- Develop software proficiency to deliver required outputs.
- Express ideas or facts clearly in written documentation so that the content is understood by the recipient.
- Develop sound product and industry knowledge and understanding the regulatory framework.
- Keep abreast of legislation and other industry changes that impacts on role by reading the relevant newsletters; websites and attending sessions.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and demonstrate the values through interaction with team and stakeholders.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed; experience practiced, and certifications obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames.
- Ensure information is provided correctly to stakeholders by maintaining knowledge and sharing knowledge with team.
Minimum Experience Level
- 0-3 years experience in a financial or related industry
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- Information Technology, Data Science, and/or Statistical Mathematics.
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Banking procedures
- Business principles
- Business terms and definitions
- Data analysis
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Microsoft Office
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Business writing skills
- Data Tools