Nedbank Young Professionals: Quantitative Analyst
DEADLINE: Not Specified
Nedbank is building a Talent pool / Pipeline of Quantitative Analysts and by submitting your application you are indicating your interest in a potential, future career opportunity with Nedbank.
Nedbank is looking for a Quantitative Analyst to join their team. In this role you will be required to develop and maintain best practice models and assessment strategies in line with regulations in order to facilitate world class risk management and/or attainment of strategic objectives. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who is analytically minded with a passion for learning and problem solving. Coding experience in SAS, SQL, R or Python will be beneficial.
- Analysis of credit risk and policy recommendations based on data analysis/ statistical methods.
- Build and formally present reports by monitoring business performance within the set risk appetite and through analysis.
- Report to; monitor; and advise operational arears to manage trends through analysis for ad-hoc requirements.
- Increase efficiencies through programming and automating processes.
- Ensure continuity and record keeping through formal sign-off at forums and by creating documentation.
- Ensure business process consistency through formal communication, updating and maintaining policies
- Review reporting and ensure accuracy through analysis and providing feedback.
- Providing data visualization to inform business decisions
- Conducting market research and trend analysis
- Providing expertise and support to internal departments and external partners, and clients
- Generating and delivering reports from data analysis
- Providing support to ensure that all reporting is accurate
- Verifying the accuracy of reports and assisting in correcting any inaccuracies in the business data.
- Matric/ Grade 12/ National Senior Certification
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a Quantitative field, Commerce, Maths, Stats, Actuarial Science, Engineering with relevant technical skillset
Minimum Experience Level
- Working and reporting on large data sets using relevant tools like SQL, Python and R
Type of Exposure
- Influencing stakeholders to obtain buy-in for concepts and ideas
- Sharing information in different ways to increase stakeholders understanding
- Developing ways to minimize risks
- Executing strategy
- Analysing situations or data that requires an in depth evaluation of multiple factors
- Working with a group to identify alternative solutions to a problem
- Interacting with diverse people
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Analysing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data
- Managing multiple projects
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Business Acumen
- Industry trends
- Microsoft Office
- Principles of project management
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Risk management process and frameworks
- Business writing skills
- Microsoft Excel
- Quantitative Skills