Current opportunities at SARS: Compliance Audit x3.
DEADLINE: 06 May 2022
SARS is looking for three energetic, results oriented, self-driven Auditors: Compliance Audit to add value and improve the SARS operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of the Compliance Audit division. The successful candidates will need to take responsibility for the planning of their time and work, executing the work in the Compliance Audit space to meet the set targets and goals across tax types.
To conduct standard audits or verification on a risk profile basis to ensure compliance on all tax types.
Education and Experience
Relevant [Auditing and Taxation] National Diploma or Advanced Certificate (NQF6) and 2-3 years’ experience in a similar [Tax Auditing] environment, of which 1-2 years ideally at knowledge worker level OR Senior Certificate (NQF 4) with 6 years Tax Auditing experience
Minimum Qualification & Experience Required
With a relevant qualification [Auditing and Taxation] 2-3 years’ experience in a similar [Tax Auditing] environment OR Matric with 6 years tax auditing experience.
- Be informed on related acts, legislation and regulations that might impact on own work.
- Be observant and engage on possible violations of regulation, policies, SOPs, and standards of conduct and escalate where necessary.
- Conduct standard (limited scope verification) audits to ensure compliance with the relevant acts.
- Plan and organise own work tasks within area of work.
- Prepare and present submissions to interest and penalty committee.
- Take accountability for delivery of contracted work outputs within agreed parameters, quality standards and client service targets.
- Accumulate information and provide reports with recommendations applicable to area of specialisation.
- Apply practical and applied knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems, and procedures to identify trends and potential risks.
- Communication of situational interpretation and judgement of work outputs and queries in area of specialisation.
- Correctly apply applicable legislation, including amongst other policies, procedures, and SOPs in the delivery of work outputs.
- Effectively plan and schedule own activities to continuously improve quality and service delivery in area of specialisation.
- Execute process and procedural change, implement the change, and provide guidelines and support related to new requirements as a result of the change.
- Use practical and applied knowledge and situational judgement to consider policy implications and to arrive at decisions/conclusions.
- Perform efficient audits and assessment of on a risk basis for all tax types.
- Comply to set governance and compliance procedures and processes related to an area of specialisation and continuously identify and escalate risks.
- Develop productive working relationships with team members, Operations manager and key role players in the business to support contracted work outputs.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers and team members to achieve predefined objectives.
- Adhere to organisational policies and procedures to ensure cost effectiveness and reduction of financial costs.
- Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Ensure own understanding and adherence to customer service delivery and provide specialist support to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Fairness and Transparency
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Ability
- Organisational Awareness
- Attention to Detail
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Building Sustainability
- Honesty and Integrity
- Functional Policies and Procedures
- Financial Accounting
- Operational Audit
- Business Knowledge
- Efficiency improvement
- GOC Confidential
The Employment Equity policy of SARS will be considered as part of the recruitment and selection process and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates will be required to undertake an oath of secrecy, pre-employment screening, case study, pre-assessment, psychometric assessment and or vetting, and a declaration of private interest. The appointment is also subject to appropriate reference(s) and security clearance where applicable.