x4 General Workers: Overberg Water Board.
DEADLINE: 03 November 2022
POST OW-OPS-10: GENERAL WORKERS X 4
SALARY: (MARKET-RELATED SALARY -NEGOTIABLE)
CENTRE: VARIOUS WATER TREATMENT AND WASTEWATER TREAMENT PLANTS WITHIN WESTERN CAPE.
- 2 x Duivenhoks
- 1 x Ruensveld – East
- 1 x Ruensveld – West
Overberg Water is a Water Board established in terms of section 28 of Water Services Act, (No 108 of 1997) and is classified as Government Business Enterprise as per Schedule 3B of the Public Finance Management Act (No. 1 of 1999) as amended.
- Grade 12 or Matric and/or equivalent relevant training
- Unendorsed code B driver’s license
- Excellent communication, writing and people skills
- Ensuring ethical standards adherence to statutory requirements of all legislations
- Willingness to work shifts/standby and physical fits, weekend, holidays
- Minimum of six (6) months experience as a general worker in water services environment.
- Ability to read, interpret and convey manual and electronic data i.e: meters gauges, data loggers etc
- Assist with general maintenance, ground keeping, housekeeping of premises
- Handling and transportation of water quality samples, chemicals and other heavy materials or equipment.
- Complete work procedures forms, timesheets, stock-sheets, log-sheets, job cards, and other associated reporting forms
- Assist with pipe-bursts, cleaning of reservoirs, sediment tanks and filters.
- Clearing, processing and disposal of grass, reedbeds, sludge and other foliage or waste General cleaning and maintenance of the purification plant, scheme offices and buildings.
- Carry out other building maintenance activities.
- Keep inventory of all plant consumables required for operational activities, housekeeping, and any other activities identified within the plant
- Carry out reasonable and lawful instructions given by the line manager or supervisor within the ambit of the position taking into account competencies and operational requirements
- Safeguard of the plant assets at Public Works sites
- Adhere to related statutory and regulatory requirements for water and wastewater facilities
- Although based at specific facility, incumbents may need to rotate/travel to other sites and/or areas based on business operational demands
Problem solving skills, Excellent communication skills, Organisational and Conflict resolution skills, Collaboration and team player, Willingness to learn across all functions.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE:
Applicants must submit a comprehensive CV, certified copies of qualifications, Identity Document. Please forward your application quoting the relevant reference number. No late applications will be accepted. Overberg Water Board reserves the right not to fill the position. Interested candidates can forward an application with all the necessary documentation to https://overbergwater.mcidirecthire.com/External/Job?Ref= 17h00 on Thursday, 3rd November 2022.
If you have not heard from the Board within thirty (30) days of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Overberg Water is committed to Employment Equity and persons from the designated groups will receive preference.