Deadline: 26 August 2020|
Location: Work from Home|
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
The purpose of this paper is to capture and synthesize Oxfam in the Philippines’ experience, practice, and learnings from its application of local humanitarian leadership as an approach to its humanitarian mandate. In so doing, OiPH hopes to influence the practice of other actors in the humanitarian system.
This paper will be a contribution to advancing the understanding and application of localization and local humanitarian leadership, building from Oxfam’s specific experience with its partners, into more general analyses and recommendations for humanitarian actors primarily in the Philippines, but also more broadly.
- In-depth knowledge of and insight into the local humanitarian leadership (LHL) and localization discourse in the Philippines.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Immediately available.
- Expression of Interest (1-2 pages maximum) which describes the consultant’s relevant experience and expertise, as well as indicative fees.
- Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
- Sample of work, preferably on LHL
- Adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values as well as the promotion of gender justice and women’s rights.
- Perform priority organizational tasks related to his/her competencies as may be assigned from time to time.
- Accountability – Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions
- Empowerment – Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen
- Inclusiveness – We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
How are apply?
Click this link and apply this job
IF YOU WANT MORE UPDATES, JOIN OUR MAILING LIST SIMPLY BY SENDING US AN EMAIL WITH A MESSAGE “ADD ME” ON THE FOLLOWING firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com OR YOU CAN SIMPLY DROP YOUR EMAIL IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW. THANK YOU!