Deadline: 31st July 2020|
Location: Tanzania: Kibondo Kigoma|
Contract: Full time|
Who can apply?
Everyone with desired qualifications
Key qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Social Sciences, Social Work, Development Studies or a related field. Additional training at Post-Graduate level in Monitoring and Evaluation, project planning and management or a related field is an asset.
- At least 4 years of experience in providing M&E for Education projects in a humanitarian context.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in report writing, donor compliance and budget management
- Experience in using statistical packages such as SPSS, NVIVO, STATA.
- Proven computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft software including MS Word processing, Power point presentation, Excel spreadsheets, e-mail and web-based research
- Strong analytical and logical ability
- Good knowledge of programming processes, systems and principles, and the ability to provide leadership and support to staff working at community level.
- Design and management skills
- Numeracy and the ability to interpret data, in order to provide management support to programming and budgetary processes including planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Facilitation and presentation skills
- Good administrative and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills.
Roles and Duties
- Technical M&E guidance
- Design, Update (review) and Implement project monitoring tools as per project M&E plan and ensure use of appropriate tools in collection, compilation, analysis and utilization within the consortium to ensure consistency
- Support the development and rollout of project targets and standards to ensure delivery of quality outputs.
- Provide technical guidance on the utilisation and maintenance of the project M&E database
- Project planning and Implementation
- Support Play Matters Project Team to develop M&E section of project outlines (POs)
- Support project team and partners to develop Detailed Implementation Plans in line with the proposal
- Consolidate, track and share on a quarterly basis the Project’s Detailed Implementation Plan to ensure timely implementation of project activities.
- Support the project team to ensure that both the project targets and implementations factor in inclusiveness particularly for Children with special needs.
- Project M&E, documentation, reporting and learning
- Support project team with documentation of project activities through consolidation of monthly monitoring reports.
- Consolidate, track and share on a monthly basis action points agreed upon in all project meetings including review meetings.
- Regularly track project progress and update the project logs in the online system to enhance efficient and effective implementation.
- Quarterly Consolidate, follow up and document best practices, case studies, lessons learnt, Most Significant Change Stories and reflection of the project to provide evidence on project impact including inclusiveness.
- Together with the Programme Manager, review all project write ups (including concepts) and partners’ quarterly and annual progress report to ensure compliance to Results Framework and donor reporting requirements
- Monitor and consolidate project implementation findings against approved work plans and budgets to ensure timely and quality implementation as per contractual obligation
- Provide strategic leadership in the project’s research, project evaluations, organisational learning and documentation initiatives within the project
- Maintain and update project M&E database to ensure timely and quality data for evidence-based decision making and learning
- Plan, facilitate and conduct M&E capacity building activities for the project team and partners to enhance quality reporting and data management.
- Building the capacities of EiE Program Staffs on projects monitoring and evaluation, conducting assessments and reporting, and documentation of best practices and lesson learned
- Plan system support to ensure compliance
- Support to ensure that the entire project’s programming mainstream Gender, Disaster Risk Reduction and Child Protection.
- Support the project team to ensure that the registered project risks are regularly mitigated, tracked and updated as required.
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
How to apply?
Follow this link and apply. https://jobs.plan-international.org/job/Kibondo-Monitoring-&-Evaluation-Coordinator-08/610557501/