The African Union is hiring a Policy Officer responsible for resource mobilization.
DEADLINE: 12 December 2022
Purpose of Job
To provide operational and administrative support for the effective implementation of activities in the division.
• Follows up on the activities of the division, including monitoring and evaluating progress made in line with a predefined strategic plan.
• Suggests new and expand on existing policy areas for planned research.
• Contributes in conducting analysis and generate accurate reports in a timely manner for the respective Unit/Division and AU’s internal use.
• Assists in setting the overall research direction of a relevant policy area.
• Responsibles for the delegation and execution of defined research areas.
• Participates in the organisation of relevant meetings, congresses and conferences with stakeholders.
• Engages with relevant mid-level stakeholders and develop working relationships. Support the promotion of the activities of the Division including preparing leaflets, guidelines and fact sheets.
• Assists in drafting reports and participate in the preparation of budget and work programmes related to the functioning of the Unit/Division
• Provides technical support to internal and external stakeholders
• Assists the Senior Policy Officer, Resource Mobilization in implementing strategies, policy guidelines and institutional mechanisms on resource mobilization
• Provides support in the implementation of the Agenda 2063 Financing and Domestic Resource Mobilisation strategy.
• Develops an integrated and coordinated programming of development assistance into approved priorities as reflected in AU Strategic Plan (MTP) and related implementation plans,
• Creates continental resource mobilization platform for a coherent and harmonized approach on resource mobilization
• Scans the internal and external environment with a view to identifying new, predictable and sustainable sources of funding,
• Supports the division in promoting an integrated and coordinated programming of development assistance into approved priorities as reflected in AU Strategic Plan (MTP) and related implementation plans,
• Assists the division to enhance coordination between the AU Commission and International Partners in the implementation of the AU Strategic Plan in order to achieve greater development impact and continental integration,
• Ensures that interventions and support programs by International Partners are in line with AU approved priorities and budget.
• Assists the Senior Policy Officer in preparing funding proposals for submission to Donors/Partners in consultation with the Head of Division and relevant Departments/Directorates,
• Develops and implements work-plans (activities, result approaches and budget) for resource mobilization activities
• Collaborates with the Finance Directorate of the Commission to ensure the collection and dissemination of information on estimated resource requirements, income, and contributions from Member States and international partners and other sources of funding
• Facilitates meetings for regular dialogue between the AU Commission and International Partners at different levels
• Develops, implement and monitor work-plans (activities, result approaches and budget) for resource mobilization activities
• Participates in regular research and analysis on resource mobilization and share information, advice and brief AU staff on resource mobilization opportunities, trends, tools, policies and activities, etc.
• Assists in the identification of areas of collaboration and build networks with external partner institutions, RECs, etc.
• Facilitates budget allocation process by distributing mobilized resources to specific programmes and projects as per approved MOUs and related work plans with partners.
• Facilitates budget reallocation as and when required by implementing departments under different partners funded programmes
• Assists in follow up and implementation of recommendation of the AUC’s Internal and external auditors as well as partners contracted external auditors;
• Prepares necessary documentation for official submission and approval processes to management and International Partners including negotiating financing arrangements and agreements and other related issues in close consultation with relevant Departments/Directorates.
• Develops and maintain a database on development assistance to the AU including a donor matrix that maps out resource flows.
• Prepares for presentation of budget proposals for partners’ funds in line with AUC Financial, administrative and operational parameters in collaboration with liaison office and project managers; follow up agreements with partners, and ensure budget utilization in compliance with agreements;
• Develops mechanisms, tools and frameworks to facilitate centralization of funds with the organization
• Assists to develop divisional funding proposals for submission to Donors/Partners in consultation with the Head of Division and relevant Departments/Directorates,
• Assists in preparation of project proposal submission to management and policy organs and International Partners including negotiating financing arrangements and agreements and other related issues in close consultation with relevant Departments/Directorates.
• Perform any other duties as required by Head of the Division.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Social Sciences, Programme or Project Management, Business Administration or related fields of study, from a recognized Institution, with five (5) years relevant work experience in an international or continental environment.
• A Masters University Degree or equivalent in Economics, Statistics, Social Sciences, Program or Project Management, Business Administration or related fields of study from a recognized institution with two (2) years relevant work experience in an international or continental environment.
• Oral and written communication skills
• Analytical skills
• Interpersonal Skills
• Ability to work across business units / geographies; cultural sensitive environment
• Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese or Spanish), fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
- Change Management..
- Managing Risk..
- Teamwork and Collaboration..
- Accountability awareness and Compliance..
- Learning Orientation:
- Communicating with Influence:
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Job Knowledge and information sharing..
- Drive for result..
- Continuous Improvement Focus
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal-opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 31,073.00 (P2 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (46% of basic salary), a Housing allowance of US$ 22,932.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
- Applications must be made not later than December 12, 2022
- Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
- The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply