PROJECT OFFICER: JOHANNESBURG SOCIAL HOUSING COMPANY (JOSHCO)
Apply for the permanent position of Project Officer at the Johannesburg Social Housing Company (JOSHCO).
DEADLINE: 17 October 2022
The Johannesburg Social Housing Company SOC Limited (JOSHCO)
The Johannesburg Social Housing Company SOC Limited (JOSHCO) mandate is to develop and manage affordable rental housing for the lower market as an integral part of efforts to eradicate the housing backlog of the City of Johannesburg. JOSHCO is a registered Social Housing Institution and is accredited by the Social Housing Regulatory Authority (SHRA). JOSHCO invites suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for the following vacant position.
Purpose of the Job: Is to provide a support function to the Housing Development team in terms of all the co- ordination or administrative functions within the department and to consolidate and update the necessary documentation related to Housing Development Projects. Action specific tasks on instruction and under supervision of relevant Project Managers.
Responsibilities (but not limited to the following):
- Supporting project managers by overseeing administrative tasks, communicating with project and client stakeholders.
- Coordinating project status reports, action reports, and task schedules,
- Manage Development meetings: agenda and minutes
- Executing project management administrative tasks
- Preparing and managing project management documents
- Ensure all project documentation meets all governance and audit standards to mitigate project risk.
- Ensure reports and document are stored in the appropriate data base
- Scheduling stakeholder meetings, documenting, and communication on instruction of the Programme Manager and Senior Project Manager.
- Consolidating status reports received from project managers and stakeholders.
- Scheduling stakeholder meetings and facilitating communication between the project managers stakeholders throughout the project life cycle.
- Managing project management documents such as: status reports, task delivery reports, and action reports, as directed by the project manager.
- Supporting team members when implementing risk management strategic
Minimum job requirements, interested applicants must be in possession of:
- Grade 12 certificate or equivalent.
- A Degree in Project Management / Business Administration / Project Governance or equivalent
- A Post-Graduate Degree in Project Management / Business Administration / Project Governance will be an added advantage.
- 3-5 years’ experience in public administration or project management experience of which 2 years must be at supervisory or project team lead level.
- Built Environment experience or exposure will be advantageous.
Skills and competencies- The ideal applicant must possess the following skills and competencies:
- Generic skills: Communication, Deadline driven, Analytical, Planning and Organizational, Relationship Management, Teamwork and Strategic thinking.
- Management and leadership skills: Project Management, People Management, Planning and Organizing, Problem Solving, Ethical, Negotiation Skills, Gather and Analyze Information.
- Attributes: Emotional intelligence, Assertiveness, Interpersonal Skills, Attention to detail, Flexible, Reliable, Innovation.
Interested applicants are invited to apply by submitting their CV’s together with certified copies of qualifications and ID to: email@example.com quoting the position applying for. Failure to submit the required documents will result in your application not being considered. JOSHCO is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all appointments will be made in accordance with the Company’s Employment Equity Plan to promote its representivity (race, gender and disability). Correspondence will only be limited to shortlisted candidates and applicants who have not been contacted within 6 weeks should consider their applications unsuccessful. JOSHCO reserves the right not to make an appointment.