Apply for the Sasol Bursary programme for South African youth.
DEADLINE: 27 May 2022
The scarcity of talent in South Africa and globally makes it essential for Sasol to ensure continuous availability of skills to sustain our growth. The Sasol Bursary programmes for South African youth are a critical talent lever to enable us to meet our strategic and transformation talent objectives.
Sasol has established a reputation in the market as an employer of choice and has been voted Employer of Choice in the Chemicals and Energy sector, by graduates on the SAGEA employer survey, for five consecutive years.
To date Sasol has various programmes that enable the development of scholars and graduates.
Sasol Bursary Programme (Website open for applications – studies 2023 – from 19 April to 27 May 2022)
The Sasol Bursary programme comprises of a comprehensive package that covers both financial as well as developmental support throughout the study period. Bursaries are awarded for full-time university studies in engineering and science. Upon successful completion of the study period, students may be employed within the Sasol Group through our Graduate Development Programmes. The Sasol Bursary Programme comprises:
- Undergraduate Bursaries – For candidates wishing to pursue bachelor’s degrees in Engineering or Science, this level includes honours degrees (in our context).
- University of Technology Bursaries – For candidates wishing to pursue a B. Eng. Tech. degree in Mine Surveying at a University of Technology.
- Postgraduate Bursaries – For candidates who either are completing or have completed degrees and wishing to pursue a Master’s or Doctorate study in Science or Chemical Engineering
Important information to all applicants:
Please note that:
- Bursaries are awarded for standard degree courses over a minimum period of time (e.g. B.Sc. or B.Eng. Engineering for studies over a 4-year period).
- Students already on a so called 5-year program / who intend to register for a 5-year study plan must not apply. (Should you still apply; and we realise at a later stage that you are already registered for 5 years or will register for a 5-year programme – the bursary will be withdrawn/terminated with immediate effect).
- Students who apply for a 2nd/3rd/4th year bursary, must still be able to comply with the above-mentioned rule. If you have failed modules/have not registered some modules/cancelled any modules and thereby added a year to the study period (resulting in a 5- or 6-year study period), please do not apply. In summary – you must still be able to complete the applicable degree course in the minimum and standard prescribed period of time – for example 4 years for a B.Eng./B.Sc. Engineering degree.
- Students must study full time at a recognised and approved standard South African University. NB. Students may (for example) not register at a so called distance-learning facility/institution – i.e. UNISA.
- Bursaries will under no circumstances be awarded for studies towards a so called dual/combined/hybrid degree course (e.g. B.Sc. Chemistry with Chemical Engineering, B.Eng. Mechatronics, B.Sc. Environmental & Geology etc.)
- Should an individual provide incorrect information during the application process and such information comes to the attention of Sasol at any later date, the invitation for the further selection process, the bursary offer or the bursary will be withdrawn/terminated with immediate effect – due to possible intentional/unintentional fraudulent action.
- NB. It is imperative that students understand that should the information provided during the application and/or the possible bursary interview and/or any later date differs – the application/bursary will be regarded as null and void.
- All applications should be submitted before close of business of the application closing date.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Applications by e-mail and/or not submitted via the Sasol bursaries website will not be considered.
- Applications from non-South African citizens will not be considered.
If you experience problems with your application, please contact:
Berlyne Rasool | firstname.lastname@example.org | 086 010 6235
You may also check> Apply for the latest NYDA Job Vacancies