Deadline: 10 November 2020
Location: Semera, Ethiopia
Type of Job: Fixed Term
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Overall project planning and implementation:
• Support thematic staff to prepare annual work plan, integrate nutrition activities in to woreda sector plans
• Compile and submit detailed monthly and quarterly work plan to regional office;
• Prepare and timely submit MEL specific activity plan
• Actively engage on periodic re-planning and reprogramming of activities.
• Review project work plans and notify major deviations to senior project manager for timely action
• Ensure timely implementation and effectiveness of INSPIRE related review meetings at zonal and woreda level
• Provide MEAL training to relevant local stakeholders as required.
• Provides technical support to zonal team in project activity monitoring, data organization and utilization and report writing
• Support and take initiatives in supporting Woreda Health Offices’ HMIS officers and others in use of data for decision making, simple analysis techniques using MS Excel and other public domain software
• Work closely with other project and departments to ensure coordination among partners, SCI nutrition emergencies and other projects to ensure quality of project implementation and timely completion of the activities.
• Ensure the integration of gender equality and women’s empowerment, a rigorous learning agenda, sustainable approaches, and most importantly convergence/overlay of multi-sector nutrition interventions (e.g. agriculture, livelihoods, health, humanitarian assistance) in the same geographic areas
• Conduct quarterly quality bench mark/QMB assessment
• Ensure the established accountability mechnizemes are well functioning and collect and report CFRM on quarter base
• Undertake additional tasks as given by the immediate supervisor
Monitoring and evaluation:
• Coordinate and facilitate research’s/assessments (Base-line, mid-term and end –line) activities of the project that will be conducted in the region
• Actively participate in INSPIRE related regular and periodic assessments
• Facilitate timely and regular programme monitoring in collaboration with thematic coordinators and Program Manager.
• Coordinate and lead all supportive supervisions, site visits, documentations of trainings, zonal level review meetings, preparation of case studies, and make sure that these INSPIRE activities are well documented and track-able in collaboration with other projects
• Timely review project reports and provide constructive feedbacks to zonal and woreda teams
• Identify and inform new developments in INSPIRE program staff
• Undertake regular visits to the field and health and other facilities to support monitoring processes, spot check data collection, data quality using improved monitoring tools, and reporting on programme progress
• Actively participate in regular project review meetings to assess progress;
• Keep on track the performance of the project’s activities according to the zonal plan and inform the project coordinators if there are deviations from the plan
• Develop and disseminate data collection tools for Woreda health and nutrition Officers, agriculture offices and health facilities for electronic database system consumption and ensure their timely submission.
• Ensure that project data are timely collected, entered to databased and used for quarterly, biannual and annual reporting
• Support coordination and harmonization of partners and regional project activities, targets and indicators
Documentation, learning and reporting:
• Coordinate, prepare, and consolidate all reporting (monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual) activities of the region in collaboration with zonal l thematic coordinators, Program Manager and others as needed,
• Ensure timely submission of all project training reports, health center and health post aggregate reports, livelihood reports and oversee their entry in to electronic database software.
• Timely submit review meeting proceedings and field travel reports to the office for documentation;
• Share bi-weekly and monthly updates with project team to the PM; prepares monthly and quarterly project progress reports and submits to the concerned bodies in timely fashion
• Identify and collect potential success stories and best practices relating to INSPIRE and other projects in the FO for documentation on regular basis;
- other extra duties as required
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- • Academic: minimum of Bachelor Degree in Statistics, M&E/Social science, developmental studies, Public health, nutrition and other related fields.
- EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- • Minimum of 5 years progressively responsible experience with NGOs or other organizations, including significant experience developing and managing monitoring and Evaluation system.
- • Proficiency in Computer (MS=Access, Excel, Word and one of the statistical software such as SPSS or Epi=Info), training in program design, monitoring and evaluation
- • Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
- • Proficient and skilled in report writing
- • Able to program and mange MS Access database
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector (if you prefer to add a specific salary range please do).
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
APPLY ONLINE HERE> https://bit.ly/2HYxoqy