THE AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK IS LOOKING FOR A MAIL SERVICES ASSISTANT
Deadline: 18 November, 2020
Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Type of Job: Full-time
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT/DIVISON:
The primary roles of the General Services and Procurement Department are to manage the Bank’s assets, oversee all corporate procurement of goods, services, works and real estate, coordinate all staff travel and transport of Bank’s goods and staff, catering services and other logistics arrangements and the mail services and keep staff informed about services offered. To this end, the General Services and Procurement Department formulates and applies rules for procurement, storage, and maintenance of furniture, office equipment and supply; design, prepare and implement programmes for the construction or acquisition and maintenance of buildings and premises; formulate and ensure the proper and effective application of administration policies within the Bank in such areas as communications, transport, travels, security, protection and safety of the Bank’s staff and property; and perform related duties. The department is responsible for managing the Bank’s fixed assets (valued at over UA 100,000,000). The General Services and Procurement Department comprises 3 divisions supervised by the Director General Services and Procurement. These divisions are: (i). Operations and Maintenance Division (CHGS.1); (ii). Corporate Procurement Division (CHGS.2); and (iii). Support Services Division (CHGS.3).
The Division is responsible for the management of travel and logistics, restaurant and hotel services
Reporting to the Principal Logistics Officer, within CHGS 3, the Mail Services Assistant is charged with organizing and supervising the expedient processing and timely distribution of approximately 100,000 postal and inter-office mail per year, as well as managing relationships with express mail companies and the National Post Office at Headquarters. The Mail Services Assistant advises staff on mail preparation and postal rates, train messengers, and follow up on payment of service providers invoices. He/she must have strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of Principal Logistics Officer or his delegated officials, the incumbent’s role include but not limited to:
- Ensuring postal and / or courier activities support and strengthen the strategic objectives of the overall organization
- Preparing the team’s work program,
- Assigning work to team members.
- Arranging for courier distribution to internal customers.
- Providing technical guidance on work problems and exercising supervision over team members;
- Implement contracts in works at Headquarters (Express mail, ordinary mail & parcels, hiring of staff for distribution of mail)
- Preparing TORs for postal and courier services in consultation with the procurement division,
- Preparing for the consideration of the Division Manager budgets for mail services.
- Assisting in setting rules and procedures for courier and mail services within the Bank
- Design mail follow-up and distribution solution in liaison with the IT department.
- Producing activity reports.
- Maintaining records.
- Liaising with external parties such as Express Courier Companies regarding movement of Bank mail.
- Planning, describing, arranging, explaining and confirming movement of all Bank mails.
- Working with authorized courier companies, complexes, departments, and units to resolve technical issues that may arise particularly related to movement of mail within and beyond the Bank.
- Performing other related duties when necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (Business Administration, Public Administration, Management, etc.).
- Professional training in postal management.
- At least 5 years of relevant and progressive experience in postal service industry.
- Good knowledge of postal clearance procedures
- Strong supervisory and reporting skills.
- Dynamic, efficient communicator, effective team-work player, customer service oriented, analytical skills, and ability to work cross-functionally and under pressure.
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in French or English, with a good command of the other language.
- Proficient in the use of standard MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Practical knowledge of SAP systems will be an advantage.
THIS POSITION DOES NOT ATTRACT INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT. (INCUMBENTS OF THE POSITION WILL BE CONSIDERED AS LOCAL STAFF AND WILL NOT HAVE INTERNATIONAL STATUS).
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem, to: HR direct email@example.com
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.