The Department of Home Affairs is hiring for a Control Security Officer
DEADLINE: 02 June 2023
POST NO: CONTROL SECURITY OFFICER, REF NO: HRMC 28/23/7
SALARY LEVEL: A basic salary of R359 517 to R420 402 per annum (Level 8).
CENTRE: Head Office, Pretoria, Branch: Counter Corruption and Security Services, Chief Directorate: Security Services.
REQUIREMENTS: • An undergraduate qualification in Security Studies at NQF level 6 as recognised by SAQA • Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a security environment at a supervisory level • PSIRA Grade A Certificate • Knowledge of the South African Constitution • Knowledge of the public Service Regulations Act • Knowledge of the Minimum Information Security Standards (MISS) as well as the Minimum Physical Security Standards (MPSS) • Knowledge of Public Finance Management Act (PFMA) • Knowledge of prescribed security procedures • Knowledge of access control procedures • Knowledge of the relevant legislation related to Public Security and access control • Understanding of Departmental Legislation and Human Resources Legislations and prescripts • Required skills and competencies: Leading and supervisory skills • Customer focus and service delivery • Honesty and integrity • Good communication and problem solving skills • Coaching and interpersonal skills • A valid driver’s license and willingness to travel.
DUTIES: The successful candidate will be responsible for, amongst others, the following specific tasks: • Provide management support with regards to the implementation of security control processes and policies • Ensure that access control procedures with regards to visitors are applied in all offices • Conduct threats and risk assessment and analysis • Oversee the conducting of security investigations • Ensure the implementation of security risk assessment recommendations • Conduct security awareness • Compile reports in all matters concerning physical security • Ensure effective risk and compliance management • Coach and guide staff on all relevant Departmental regulatory, internal and external compliance requirements • Report on all risks • Manage physical, human and financial resources.
ENQUIRIES: Mr A Molatlhegi, Tel No: (012) 406 2845
Where to submit your applications
Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your comprehensive CV, citing the start and end date (dd/mm/yr) of each employment period to be considered, together with an Application for Employment Form (New Z.83), obtainable from any Public Service department or at www.gov.za, by the closing date to:
Department of Home Affairs, Head Office:
Postal Address: Private Bag X114, Pretoria, 0001
Physical Address: 230 Johannes Ramokhoase (Proes) street, Cnr Thabo Sehume (Andries) street, Pretoria, 0001
Applications must be –
- sent to the correct address specified at the bottom of the Circular, on or before the closing date;
- submitted on the new Application for Employment Form (Z.83), obtainable at www.gov.za;
- accompanied by a comprehensive CV, citing the start and end date (dd/mm/yr) of each employment period to be considered, including the details of at least two contactable employment references (as recent as possible);
- shortlisted candidates will be required to submit a copy of their ID document, a valid driver’s license (if specified as a job requirement), as well as the relevant highest educational qualifications, on or before the day of the interview. Applicants who possess (a) foreign qualification(s), must also submit the evaluated results of such qualifications, as received from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA); and
- In the filling of entry level positions, preference may be given to unemployed youth / graduates, and / or who have successfully completed their respective skills development programmes, who satisfy the inherent requirements of the post and reside within close proximity to the office where the post is based.
- Shortlisted Candidates will be subjected to an interview;
- Candidates potentially considered suitable after the interview, will be subjected to employment suitability checks (credit, criminal, citizenship, employment references and qualification verifications).