Transnet is hiring for an Apprentice-Welder
DEADLINE: 24 January 2023
- Installations of machines in the workshops
- Repair and maintenance of all buildings and machines
- Mechanical fault finding and repairs to electro hydraulic machines including motorised equipment.
- Conduct PM’s and report on defects
- Mechanical overhaul, modifications, upgrade of machines and equipment
Qualifications & Experience:
•NTC2 with 4 relevant trade subjects all passed or
•Technical National Certificate Vocational Level 4 or higher with 7 subjects passed or
•Technical Matric Certificate including Pure Mathematics and Physical Science passed with relevant trade theory passed
- Applicants must be SA citizens without any other bursary obligation from other organisations.
- Preference will be given to applicants considered as South African Youth (under the age of 35).
- Preference will be given to applicants with outstanding academic results.
- Selection will be made in terms of the Company’s Employment Equity Plan, Recruitment and Selection Policy.
- All training will be done in the relevant Transnet Faculty of Engineering Campus.
- On successful completion of the Apprenticeship there is no guarantee for permanent employment within Transnet. This is only a training and development opportunity.
- Please note that NO accommodation and transport assistance will be provided before, during and after completion of the apprentice training.
- By applying for a position at Transnet, you consent to the processing of your personal information in accordance with the requirements of Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), 2013 and acknowledge that the purpose for processing your personal information is in terms of Transnet recruitment and selection process.
ALSO CHECK: x37 new vacancies at Transnet