UN VOLUNTEER AT OHCHR-ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Deadline: 08 October 2020
Duration: 6 months
Type of work: Volunteering
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Representative or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Administrative Assistant will:
- General Administration:
- Draft routine correspondence;
- Maintain files of rules, regulations, administrative instructions and other related documentation;
- Maintain up-to-date work unit files (both paper and electronic);
- Coordinate extensively with programme units and liaise frequently with internal team members in the field and at headquarters;
- Budget and Finance
- Review status of relevant expenditures and compares with approved budget;
- Review requisitions for goods and services to ensure that correct objects of expenditure have been charged and availability of funds;
- Assist in the preparation of budget performance submissions;
- Human Resources
- Initiate, process, monitor, review and follow-up on actions related to the administration of the office’s human resource activities (e.g., recruitment, placement, relocation, promotion, performance appraisal, job classification reviews, separation, training, etc.), ensuring consistency in the application of regulations and procedures;
- Maintains and reviews organizational staffing tables;
- Contract Administration
- Assist with day-to-day administration of contracts between the UN and external contractors for outsourced services;
- Audits the contractors’ invoices against the goods and services provided by the contractor and approved by the UN;
- Process the payment of contractor invoices and monitor payments;
- Prepare and process all UN forms and permissions for contractual and programme unit, section or service UN staff including UN grounds passes, property passes, swipe card access and door keys;
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications/RequirementsRequired degree level: Secondary educationEducation – Additional Comments:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
Required experience: 36 MonthsExperience remark:
- At least 3 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in administrative services, finance, accounting, audit, human resources or related area is required; experience with the UN’s administrative system, budgetary system and financial reporting is a significant asset;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment; experience with Inspira and Umoja an asset;
- Have affinity with or interest in human rights and volunteerism, and the UN System.
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Administration and administrative assistanceDriving license: NoCompetencies values:
Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
1.Go to https://vmam.unv.org/
2.If not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool, please register your profile following below steps:
a. Click on “Candidate Signup”, enter your basic personal information and click “Sign Up”.
b. You will receive a notification e-mail to your registered e-mail
c. Click on the link in the e-mail to validate the e-mail address
d. Complete all the required sections under “My Profile” (Personal Information, Addresses, Qualifications, Experiences, References). Under Personal Information section, please make sure to tick the box “I am interested in serving as a volunteer” and select “National only” or “Both national and international”. Do not select “International only”.
e. If you have more than one nationality, make sure to add Lebanon as your current nationality otherwise your application will not be considered for national UNV assignments
f. Click “Submit my profile”
g. Go to “My Page” -> Click on “Special Calls” -> search for “Administrative Assistant (LBNR000346) click Apply then press “Submit my Application”.
3.If already registered in the UNV Talent Pool:
a. Update your profile under “My Profile” (Personal Information, Addresses, Qualifications, Experiences, References). Under Personal Information section, please make sure to tick the box “I am interested in serving as a volunteer” and select “National only” or “Both national and international”. Do not select “International only”.
b. Go to “My Page” -> Click on “Special Calls” -> search for “Administrative Assistant (LBNR000346)”, click Apply then press “Submit my Application”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.