UNDP-JUNIOR COMMUNICATIONS CONSULTANT (HOME-BASED)
Deadline: 02 November 2020 (Midnight)
Type of Job: Individual Consultant
The United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) makes public and private finance work for the poor in the world’s 47 least developed countries. With its capital mandate and instruments, UNCDF offers “last mile” finance models that unlock public and private resources, especially at the domestic level, to reduce poverty and support local economic development. UNCDF’s financing models work through three channels: (1) inclusive digital economies, which connects individuals, households, and small businesses with financial eco-systems that catalyze participation in the local economy, and provide tools to climb out of poverty and manage financial lives; (2) local development finance, which capacitates localities through fiscal decentralization, innovative municipal finance, and structured project finance to drive local economic expansion and sustainable development; and (3) investment finance, which provides catalytic financial structuring, de-risking, and capital deployment to drive SDG impact and domestic resource mobilization.By strengthening how finance works for households, small enterprises, and local infrastructure in ways that benefit the poor, UNCDF contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals—SDG 1 on eradicating poverty and SDG 17 on the means of implementation. By identifying those market segments where innovative financing models can have transformational impact in helping to reach the last mile and address exclusion and inequalities of access, UNCDF contributes to a broad diversity of SDGs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work:
The UNCDF Partnerships, Policy and Communications Unit is seeking a Junior Communications Consultant for 12 months starting Jan 2021, with the full-time position being homed-based or remote.
The Consultant will work with the Partnerships, Policy and Communications (PPC) Unit of UNCDF. The PPC Unit is responsible for implementing the UNCDF Partnerships, Policy Communications Strategy and plans and its components, including (list not exhaustive):
- Strategic Partnerships and External Relations with donors, development partners, the UN System, the media and the public, increasing awareness and support for UNCDF’s work in the two practice areas: Local Development Finance and Inclusive Finance;
- Resource Mobilization: primary responsibility to raise core resources while supporting programme units and regional and country offices in mobilizing non-core (earmarked, thematic or other) resources. PPC provides the tools and services that enhance UNCDF´s institution-wide capacity to identify and capitalize on resource mobilization opportunities, including donor intelligence, quality assurance support to funding requests and donor reporting, and advice and support on contribution agreements with donor development partners.
- Communications and Branding, including improving internal and external communications through web-based tools (website, intranet, social media), events, publications, new media initiatives, etc.
Required Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Development Studies, International Relations or a related field is required. Master’s degree in the above areas is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in PR and communications, including social media and other digital media management (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and web) is required;
- Familiarity with the 2030 Agenda and private sector / philanthropy engagement for development is desirable;
- Practical experience in developing innovative and effective social media campaigns, including using data for storytelling and, publishing stories and editing content is desirable;
- Previous experience with communication work for the UN and private sector / philanthropy is considered an asset.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND APPLICATION, PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING WEBSITE> https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=94763