Apply for the United Nations Junior Professional Officer (JPO) scheme sponsored by the Government of the Netherlands.
DEADLINES: 21 March 2022; 11 April 2022
Open positions below:
1. United Nations: Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA)
Applicants with DC nationality only.
This post is addressed exclusively to candidates with a nationality from Developing Countries following the list of eligible countries for the Netherlands JPO Programme.
The JPO will support the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), specifically the Strategic Communications Branch (SCB). In this position, the JPO will directly support the office in its efforts in the fields of digital content and support digital fundraising. The JPO thus contributes overall to better responding to current humanitarian emergencies and humanitarian crises.
2. UN: Department of Peace Operations/Division for Policy, Evaluation and Training (DPO-DPET)
Applicants with DC nationality only
Under the supervision of the Team Leader of the Protection of Civilians Team, the main responsibility of the JPO will be to examine and assist in improving the implementation of Protection of Civilians (POC) mandates in UN peacekeeping operations. The specific responsibilities of the JPO include the following duties:
- Supporting development of policy and guidance on POC
- Supporting coordination at headquarters within DPO and with external partners
- Supporting the provision of operational support on POC to peacekeeping operations
- Supporting dissemination of knowledge of the protection of civilians in peacekeeping in headquarters and field missions
- Enhancing organizational knowledge on protection of civilians in peacekeeping
You may also check> AGYLE – African German Young Leaders in Business