UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN (UCT) MASTERCARD FOUNDATION SCHOLARS PROGRAM
Apply for the University of Cape Town (UCT) Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program.
DEADLINE: 30 April 2022
About the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
The University of Cape Town (UCT) has partnered with the Mastercard Foundation in its global Scholars’ Program: an educational initiative that provides academically talented young people from economically disadvantaged communities in Africa with access to quality university education.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UCT provides full-cost scholarships to young Africans who are first-time undergraduate or postgraduate (honours and master’s) degree-seeking applicants. The scholarships ensure a premium educational package that will produce graduates whose qualifications are internationally recognised and locally applicable, and whose transition into the workforce is underpinned by values of engaged citizenship and social justice.
These scholarships cover the full period of study and are renewable annually subject to satisfactory performance and participation in the activities and opportunities offered by the programme. Successful candidates will be required to commit themselves to returning to their home countries and to invest their gained skills and education in their country’s social and economic growth.
- Academically talented – value learning and are driven to complete their education.
- Economically disadvantaged – facing significant financial barriers to completing their education.
- Committed to giving back – investing in their communities, using the skills and knowledge that they have acquired.
- Future leaders – committed to embracing ethical leadership and making a positive change in their home communities.
The scholarship includes:
- Comprehensive financial assistance with visa applications, travel, tuition, living expenses, medical aid and accommodation.
- A relevant and recognised education through academic curricula aimed at producing graduates whose qualifications are internationally recognised and locally applicable.
- Academic and peer mentor support – to ensure that each Scholar successfully progresses academically.
- An array of cultural and transition support and training aimed at academic and professional enrichment and assisting in the challenges facing university going students.
- Career and internship opportunities in Africa, service learning, experiential learning – career guidance and support for transition to further study or the workforce.
- Leadership development and training.
- Alumni networks for further support.
How to apply?
NB: Note that application to the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program is not the same as an academic application for UCT. Prospective scholars are advised to submit an academic application to UCT first, and then apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program.
Undergraduates Application Process
Postgraduates Application Process
How to apply to UCT Application Process
Click here to visit the University of Cape Town (UCT) Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Website
ALL THE BEST!!!
You may also check> Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships for international students
If you want to receive more similar opportunities, please join our TELEGRAM GROUP. You may also follow us on TWITTER.