The Start Online & Save (SOS) scholarship being offered by the University of Sunshine Coast is an award designed for international students who want to commence their studies at the university. The applicants are eligible to receive the award given that they reside outside Australia.
About University of Sunshine Coast
The University of the Sunshine Coast is a public university, also known as USC, is ranked 43rd in the list of Best Global Universities in Australia/New Zealand by the U.S. committed to unlocking the innovation, productivity, and full human potential of our regions and to working with government, industry, and community to encourage prosperity in a knowledge-driven world. When you study at USC, you become part of a university that invests in its communities – and in you. From better healthcare to climate change solutions, bioenergy to young driver safety, our students, graduates and researchers are working on new discoveries and projects that directly impact our regions.
USC is rated as one of Australia’s best universities for overall student experience. Immerse yourself in campus life and you’ll find new and interesting people and opportunities to learn, connect and make new friends. Our USC community has people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, gender identities, sexual orientations and faiths and we are passionate about ensuring equal access to all students, including students with a disability, learning disorder, illness or injury.
Why choose to study at the University of the Sunshine Coast? The University of the Sunshine Coast is an institute of education that is not limited by tradition or old ways of thinking and strives to pass the same mindset on to its students and staff. USC provides the hands-on learning and practical skills needed to improve the life of students. It is dedicated to ensuring that students have the tools they need to reach their goals.
University of Sunshine Scholarship overview:
The Start Online & Save (SOS) Scholarship allows students to initially commence their studies online with a 50% tuition fee reduction until the end of 2022, provided they remain outside Australia. The 50% tuition fee reduction will apply to the officially scheduled and published tuition fees for the relevant program and study period.
Frequently asked questions about the SOS Scholarship for commencing international students can be found here.
Application Deadline: 1st November 2021
- University or Organization: University of the Sunshine Coast
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Bachelor and Master
- Award: 50% Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Applicants of all countries outside Australia are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Any bachelor or master programme at USC is eligible to apply for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Applicants must be offshore students accepted in any applied programme by USC.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants are supposed to apply through the exclusive student portal of the university. Eligible applicants will be considered for the opportunity .
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Academic transcripts of high school or university
- a copy of the photo/details page of the applicant’s current passport
- Statement of purpose
- 2-3 letters of reference
- Admission Requirements: Applicants are required to have a minimum grade of 60% or above in their academics to be admitted to any program at USC.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to attain minimum scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 85
- IELTS Academic – 6.5
- PTE – 58
- CPE/CAE – 176
USC will reward a tuition fee discount of 50% on the programme fee to the selected international students under this application .