Apply for the Women in Africa (WIA) Young Leaders Programme.
DEADLINE: 15 April 2022
WIA Young Leaders 2022
Women in Africa is launching the second edition of the WIA Young Leaders programme, developed in partnership with Christian Dior Couture, Lazard Frères Investment bank and the global digital leader Huawei. After a successful first edition, WIA and its partners renew the commitment to support and highlight young African women leaders who will play a major role in the African revolution.
A jury composed of internationally renowned personalities will select 8 outstanding young women in their field of activity or competence. This initiative is part of WIA’s commitment to promote equal opportunities and to allow young leaders to be supported to go further each year.
The WIA Young Leaders will benefit from a tailor-made training path whose themes will be related to women’s leadership and the skills needed for the future. Then, in autumn 2022, the laureates will benefit from a “business trip” in a world economic capital to:
- connect with high-level personalities and mentors such as CEOs, ministers, journalists,
business or public figures, and accomplished entrepreneurs
- be trained on boards of directors, media training, career coaching and other customized
- benefit from high media visibility
A personalized follow-up will be set up by WIA, to identify the individual needs of the Young Leaders and to respond with precision to the progression of their skills.
The call for applications will be open from March 17, 2022 to April 15, 2022 at midnight (French time).
The selection process will be conducted in two phases:
- Selection based on file
- Interview with the jury
The main selection criteria:
- Women between 25 and 40 years old (flexibility possible depending on experience level)
- Born in an African country or having parents born in an African country
- Involvement in the development of the continent and social commitment
- Leadership skills (humility, empathy and resilience)
- Special consideration will be given to candidates with “self-made” backgrounds
- Vision of what Africa should be in the future.
- Willingness to reconcile business conduct, social impact and public/private dialogue.
- Ability to take on responsibilities at the highest level.
- Strong convincing skills combined with a taste for teamwork.
- Francophone, Anglophone, ideally bilingual.
Also check> World food forum Young Scientist Programme