Location: Africa; Nigeria, Abuja|
Deadline 20 July 2020|
Contract: Fixed contract|
Who can apply?
Only Nigerian national (or residents with valid residence and work permits) are eligible to apply.
Desired Qualifications, skills and experience
- Education:Advanced university degree in one of the following disciplines: social sciences, gender, international development, international relations, human rights, political science, or another related field.
- Language: Working knowledge (proficiency/Level C) of English is required.
- Experience in writing analytical documents and reports
- Experience in conducting participatory gender and age analyses, utilising mixed methods
- Experience in delivering gender-related training and capacity-strengthening initiatives
- In-depth knowledge of gender in humanitarian and development settings, , humanitarian issues and linkages with food security and nutrition.
- Ability to effectively communicate through multiple mediums (e.g. messaging, reporting, training)
- Ability to effectively engage with partners
- Ability to produce funding proposals
- Sound knowledge and skills in adult learning
- Team spirit and excellent interpersonal relations
- Flexibility to travel in challenging environments
- The Gender Officer will lead the mainstreaming of gender across WFP activities and strengthen partnerships in support of implementation of the Country Strategic Plan (CSP) and commitment to strengthen gender transformative programming.
- Provide advice for the integration of gender in the design and implementation of CSP activities.
- Support and strengthen the undertaking and use of gender and age analyses, as standalone activities and integrated into all assessments / data collection.
- Provide technical guidance for gender-responsive monitoring.
- Provide advice for integrating gender into the design and implementation of CSP Activities, including in the areas of disaster preparedness, resilience
- Establish and strengthen strategic partnerships in support of gender equality and women’s empowerment outcomes, including with other UN entities, NGOs, local CSOs and private sector
- Actively participate in, and contribute to, the work of the inter-agency gender theme group in Nigeria.
- Assist HR in designing and delivering learning opportunities for WFP Nigeria employees, as well as partners (as applicable), to increase their abilities to integrate gender into their work/ functional areas.
- Coordinate the work of the Country Office Gender Results Network.
How to apply?
Applications must be submitted online and in English only. Click below to apply for this job: