Apply for x4 General Worker vacancies at Sasol South Africa.
DEADLINE: 21 September 2022
About Sasol South Africa
Sasol is a global chemicals and energy company. They harness the knowledge and expertise to integrate sophisticated technologies and processes into world-scale operating facilities. Sasol safely and sustainably source, produce and market a range of high-quality products in 22 countries, creating value for stakeholders.
Sasol Mining operates six coal mines that supply feedstock for our Southern African integrated value chain. The coal supplied to Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) is mainly used as gasification feedstock and some is used to generate electricity. The coal supplied to Sasolburg Operations (SO) is used to generate electricity and steam. Sasol also export coal from the Twistdraai Export Plant to international power generation customers via the Richards Bay Coal Terminal.
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
A General Worker supports the Refurbishment team by providing effective equipment maintenance, welding related assistance and fitting or electrical assistance while adhering to procedures/codes, and utilising all available support resources to increase stability and maintain sustainability of equipment.
- Responsible for welding of Mining equipment using flux core method and other welding processes
- Responsible for safe operation of welding equipment
- Cut material and pre-heat using oxy-fuel gas cutting equipment while complying to the gas safety rules
- Assist with operation of overhead crane and lifting equipment according to safe working procedures
- Complete job specific task and checklist accurately
- Visual inspection of working environment ensuring safety standards are adhered to and reporting any unsafe conditions to Superior
- Application of job specific SOP’s and COP’s to ensure housekeeping standards are upheld
- Function efficiently and effectively as part of a team to work towards achieving Team Goals
- Report all task activities
- Hazard identification/task risk assessments
- Participates in daily morning meetings to discuss work assignments
- Support the goals and vision of the business by meeting deadlines
In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to Suitable Candidates from Designated Groups
In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria
- Grade 12/N3/NCV Level 4 with Maths & Science
- Able to obtain a Medical certificate of fitness
- First Aid Certificate
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- 12 months welding experience
- Ability to use an angle-grinder safely
- Ability to operate a cutting torch
- Knowledge of underground machinery (Shuttle Car, Roofbolter, Crushers, Feeder/Feeder breaker)
- Ability to use MIG welding equipment (Wish)
How to apply
You may also check>