Apply for York University International Students Scholarships
DEADLINE: February 1, 2023
International Student Scholarships and Awards Requiring an Application
York University is committed to giving a broad demographic of students access to a high quality, research-intensive learning environment committed to the public good. We champion diversity and inclusivity, embracing differing perspectives, peoples, and ways of knowing, and fostering global fluencies and cross-cultural knowledges. International students who attend York University have access to a wide variety of supports, academic, financial, and otherwise to help them in meeting their academic goals.
To be considered for the scholarships and awards below, you must submit the International Student Scholarship & Award Application. These scholarships and awards are for applicants with an exceptional academic profile, and who demonstrate leadership through community service or excellence in the arts or sport. Students do not need an offer of admission to apply for York entrance awards and scholarships.
Note: Scholarship values are subject to change.
The Fall/Winter 2022-2023 application will open on December 1, 2022.
The application deadline is February 1, 2023.
Full details will be available in the International Student Scholarship & Award Application form when it opens in December.
A 9-digit York reference number is required, which you will receive within 5 business days of applying to York. You must submit your application to York by January 15, 2022 at the latest.
- Must be an international student who is required to have a Study Permit to study in Canada
- Must have applied to an undergraduate degree program at York that begins in Fall 2023
- Must have applied to York directly from high school no more than two years after graduation, and have no previous university or college studies (not applicable to Tentanda Via Award)
- Must have an excellent academic record with a minimum “A” average or equivalent (where applicable)
- Must have demonstrated leadership through community service or excellence in the arts, sports, or other areas of individual achievement (where applicable)
- Must upload one letter of recommendation or other supporting documents as applicable
- Must ensure all required documents are shown as “Received” in the York application (MyFile), by February 1, 2023 at 11:59:59pm, Eastern Time
- Must complete and submit the online International Student Scholarship Application by February 1, 2023 at 11:59:59pm, Eastern Time