Apply for the United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs Leaders for Tomorrow Workshop (#Leaders4Tomorrow)
DEADLINE: 18 February 2022
The United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs, with generous financial support from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Korea, invites inspiring young leaders, aged 18-29, from around the world to apply for a newly launched workshop series; “Engaging, Educating and Empowering #Leaders4Tomorrow on Disarmament, Non-Proliferation and Arms Control (D.N.A.) to enact change today.”
The 25 selected #Leaders4Tomorrow will explore the role of young people in advancing Disarmament, Non-proliferation, and arms control (D.N.A.) objectives during five interactive and engaging workshops conducted with UNODA staff, youth speakers and other experts.
The sessions will explore the relationship between D.N.A. and five relevant topics; (i) the UN Sustainable Development Goals, (ii) new and emerging technologies, (iii) gender, (iv) the environment, and (v) education. The workshops will be held virtually throughout 2022. A tentative schedule is provided below.
Following the completion of the workshop series, the #Leaders4Tomorrow will be invited to take part in a First Committee Side-Event at the United Nations Headquarters in New York in October 2022 to present their ideas and recommendations to engage their local communities on issues related to D.N.A.
Travel and accommodation will be provided to participants. Please note travel plans are susceptible to change depending on the global COVID-19 situation.
If unable to attend a specific workshop, participants will be expected to watch a recording of the session and read the materials provided. Participants must attend at least four workshops to receive a certification of completion and the opportunity to participate in the First Committee Side-Event planned for October 2022.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION HERE.
- D.N.A. and Gender on 8 March 2022 on International Women’s Day.
- D.N.A. and SDGs on 20 April 2022, alongside the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) Youth Forum.
- D.N.A. and New and Emerging Technologies on 17 May 2022 on World Telecommunication and Information Society Day.
- D.N.A. and the Environment on 8 June 2022 on World Oceans Day.
- D.N.A. and Education on 15 July 2022 on World Youth Skills Day.
#Leaders4Tomorrow will participate and present their ideas at a First Committee Side-Event in October 2022 at the United Nations Headquarters in New York, USA.
Selection criteria for applicants to be #Leaders4Tomorrow:
- Aged between 18-29;
- Proficient in English;
- Demonstrate engagement in youth-led organisations, activities and other opportunities related to disarmament, international peace and security;
- Be interested in international affairs including issues on development, new and emerging technologies, gender, environment, climate change and education;
- Express their motivation for participating and interest in establishing collaborative partnerships to work together for a safer, more peaceful future for all.
The #Leaders4Tomorrow D.N.A. workshop series will strive for gender parity and geographic diversity amongst participants, with applicants from the Global South strongly encouraged.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants must submit both a curriculum vitae (one page) and a short statement of motivation (500 words). Submit your application here.
The deadline for submissions is 11:59pm(EST) on 18 February 2022.
Applications will be carefully screened by staff members of UNODA on the basis of the criteria specified above.
For inquiries, please contact the #Youth4Disarmament Team at email@example.com.
Also check> Rotary Peace Fellowship Program