Apply for the De Beers Group Internship Programme.
DEADLINE: 13 September 2022
Reference Id: REF34109M
Location: Polokwane, South Africa
Come and join Anglo American Platinum. Twickenham Platinum Mine is hereby inviting applications for internship and P1/P2 programme aimed at equipping members of the host communities with appropriate work experience. First preference will be given to relevant applications from host communities. The programme will run for a period of 12 months.
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. It has a portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. The mining giant use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market its products to our customers around the world.
Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium. Anglo American is the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world – from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
The internship Programme provides practical Work Learning and experience to individuals. The programme will run for a period of 12 months.
The following are the minimum entry requirements into the programmes:
Social Performance Intern
- National Diploma/ Degree in Social Science / Development /Social Studies / Social Anthropology / Social Psychology / Communications / Public Relations/ Public Administration / Stakeholder Relations / Journalism / Economics / Marketing / Management / Financial Management or
- Provide the Academic record and a letter from institution indicating a need for work experience in your studies
- National Diploma/ Degree in Environmental Science / Environmental Management / Environmental Law / Geology / Water Engineering
- Provide the Academic record and a letter from institution indicating a need for work experience in your studies.
What is offered
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, but more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, the mining company bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too.
About Anglo American
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. its portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. They use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine. They work together with various key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for shareholders, the communities and countries in which they operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
How to apply
- CV’s from host communities can be delivered to CV Drop box at Hackney shaft/ CV Drop box at Mopetsi or at the Social Performance Department at Mopetsi Offices
- All CV’s from host communities must strictly come with a proof of residence with the stamp from relevant tribal office or municipality
- You can also apply online on Anglo American website: www.angloamerican.com, all online application must have supporting documents and proof of residence with the stamp from relevant tribal authorities and municipalities
- CV’s that do not meet the relevant requirements will not be considered.
- To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process
If you do not hear from the Company within 21 days after the application deadline, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.