The Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment is hiring for an Accounting Clerk
DEADLINE: 12 December 2022
Salary: R 181 599
Centre(s): Cape Town (Foretrust Building)
- Grade 12 certificate or equivalent qualification as recognised by SAQA.
- Experience in using the PERSAL system.
- Knowledge of the PFMA, Public Service Act and Treasury Regulations and guidelines.
- Computer skills in Ms Office.
- Planning and organising skills.
- Ability to gather and analyse information
- Process overtime and sea-going allowance.
- Record and send all sea going allowances to delegated authority for approval on a document book for easy tracking.
- Capture overtime and sea going allowance on PERSAL.
- File processed overtime and sea going allowance claims.
- Capturing of creditors banking details on ORACLE.
- Receive and check validity of banking details and amendments on banking details for creditors and employees.
- Capture banking details and amendments on banking details for creditors and employees on ORACLE.
- Process all adjustment journals on ORACLE.
- Capture and file all processed adjustment journals.
All applications must be submitted on a signed new Z83 application form (click bold underlined text to download PDF form) accompanied by a recent detailed curriculum vitae to be considered.
Please note that should you not use the newly amended Z83 and completed, initialed and signed in full,
the department reserves the rights to disqualify your application.
Applications may be forwarded to: The Director-General, Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the
Environment, Private Bag X4390, Cape Town, 8000 or hand-deliver to 14 Loop Street Cape Town. Marked for attention: Human Resources Management.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority
(SAQA). Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only.
- The National Department Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment, is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Preference may be given to appointable applicants from the underrepresented designated groups in terms of the department’s equity plan. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only.
- Short-listed candidates will be subjected to screening and security vetting to determine their suitability for employment, including but not limited to: criminal records; citizenship status; credit worthiness; previous employment (reference checks); social media checks, and qualification verification.
- Short-listed candidates will be expected to avail themselves at the department’s convenience.
Mr. C V/D Westhuizen
Tel: 021 405 3402
For attention: Human Resource Management
Closing date: 12 December 2022
You may also check> SA-CERN Bursary Programme for young South African students.