Sasol South Africa is recruiting for Heavy Duty Driver
DEADLINE: 28 November 2022
A Heavy Duty Driver is responsible for the safe transportation and timeous delivery of packages, product and materials.
- Correct and safe loading, securing and offloading of direct/indirect equipment at Garage.
- Taking care, custody and control of; vehicle, all assets and all relevant materials being transported.
- Know and correctly use the safety equipment on the vehicle, following correct safety procedures
- Correct use of PPE
- Check to ensure vehicle is constantly in a road worthy condition and record / report defects according to K53 guidelines
- Perform daily vehicle pre-trip inspection according to a standard checklist and report defects
- Adherence to logbook and key control requirements at all times
- First line vehicle maintenance, e.g. refuelling, tyres pressure, oil level top up, tyres change/ wheel nut torque, etc.
- Follow instructions according to job requirements
- Provide adequate feedback to supervisor on work progress
- Attend and participate in green area meeting / safety / morning / toolbox talks
- Manager/Senior Management inspection, audit findings are executed upon
- Daily activities executed according to plan
- Comply to government charter / legal frameworks
- Comply to site operational requirements and procedures
- Ensure adherence to all rules and regulations
- Planning of own activities, including planning of optimal route for multiple stop points
- Attend training courses and seminars as per training matrix to improve competency and skills
- Identifies personal training and development needs and incorporate into personal development plan with supervisor’s approval
- Support the goals and vision of the business by meeting deadlines
- Assist natural work team in daily activities
- Assist Distribution Area Manager with the training of new drivers and hired labour
- Effective relationships with customers, colleagues and management
- Identify unsafe conditions and take precautionary measures
- Report unsafe conditions / situations
- Report any deviations from schedule, sample availability
- Report all defects
2-3 years driving experience with relevant code.
Certification & Professional Membership
Code C/C1/EC1 License with PrDP
Code C1/EC will be an advantage
Collaboration: The action of working with someone to produce something
Customer Focus: A continuing focus on the needs and requirements of customers and clients, anticipating their needs, remaining sensitive to customers while performing services for them, responsive to customer needs.
Problem Solving: Is a step-by-step process of defining a problem, searching for information, and testing a series of solutions until the problem is solved. In involves critical thinking, analysis and persistence.
Self-Mastery: Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting