The South African Revenue Authority is hiring for x5 Junior Project Manager.
DEADLINE: 24 November 2022
About the Position: x5 Junior Project Manager
SARS has an exciting opportunity available for a delivery driven, forward thinking, strategic, self-motivated and dynamic Project Manager with solid experience in delivering IT Infrastructure, security and/or software development projects. A key attribute sought is passion for driving IT Infrastructure, security and/or software development projects positively engaging and integrating project teams. The applicant will be responsible for the management of various projects within the EPMO, will need to possess strong knowledge of IT and project management skillsets and be able to work closely with IT and business stakeholders, in a fast paced and ever-changing environment. This well-seasoned, proactive and energetic applicant will be required to take initiative and make project delivery optimisation decisions in order to meet project and in return organisational objectives.
To manage, under supervision, components of projects within the specified time frame, budget, quality, innovation, legal requirements and contribute to the managing of multifunctional interfaces.
Education and Experience
Minimum Qualification & Experience Required
Relevant National Diploma / Advanced Certificate (NQF 6) in Project Management/Business Management/Commerce/Information Technology/Science AND 3-4 years’ experience in managing projects in an IT Infrastructure, security and/or software environment of which 1-2 years ideally at knowledge worker level.
Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 6 years related experience in managing projects (preferably IT projects).
- Apply the PMO methodologies for projects ensuring that inputs and deliverables are timeous and up to specified standards.
- Work under supervision in the context of projects where work is assigned that is limited in scope (small project or contained work streams within a larger initiative)
- Conduct research to investigate areas of concern to resolve problems and identify new solutions.
- Plan and manage projects/work streams and initiatives in area of accountability that impact on specific business area.
- Use practical and applied knowledge and judgement to arrive at decisions.
- Correctly apply applicable legislation, including amongst other policies, procedures, and SOPs in the delivery of work outputs.
- Execute process and procedural change, implement the change, and provide guidelines and support related to new requirements as a result of the change.
- Use practical and applied knowledge and situational judgement to consider policy implications and to arrive at decisions / conclusions.
- Accumulate information and provide reports with recommendations applicable to area of specialisation.
- Effectively plan and schedule own activities to continuously improve quality and service delivery in area of specialisation.
- Apply practical and applied knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems, and procedures to identify trends and potential risks.
- Communication of situational interpretation and judgement of work outputs and queries in area of specialisation.
- Comply to set governance and compliance procedures and processes related to an area of specialisation and continuously identify and escalate risks.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers and team members to achieve predefined objectives.
- Adhere to organisational policies and procedures to ensure cost effectiveness and reduction of financial costs.
- Ensure own understanding and adherence to customer service delivery and provide specialist support to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Honesty and Integrity
- Fairness and Transparency
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Ability
- Organisational Awareness
- Attention to Detail
- Building Sustainability
- Functional Policies and Procedures
- Programme and Project Management
- Business Knowledge
- Efficiency improvement
- Planning and organising
- Written Communication
- Verbal Communication
- Project Administration Skills
- Project Financial Control and Reporting
- Conflict Resolution
- GOC Confidential
The Employment Equity policy of SARS will be considered as part of the recruitment and selection process and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates will be required to undertake an oath of secrecy, pre-employment screening, case study, pre-assessment, psychometric assessment and or vetting, and a declaration of private interest. The appointment is also subject to appropriate reference(s) and security clearance where applicable.