Apply for the Transnet two-year Young Professional in Training Programme.
DEADLINE: 12 December 2022
Transnet two-year Young Professional in Training Programme
The closing date is 12.12.2022. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to KGAOGELO.MOATSHE@TRANSNET.NET.
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com
- Operating Division : Transnet Corporate Centre
- Position Title : Young Professional x 3
- Employee Group : Trainee
- Department : Legal Services
- Location : Johannesburg
- Reporting To : Deputy Group Company SEC: Corp Law & CPL
- Grade Level : GRAD_7
- Reference Number : 6004462
The Company Secretariat department is looking for dynamic and recently qualified graduates for a two-year Young Professional in Training Programme. The incumbents is to be trained in rendering seamless corporate governance services to the Transnet Board of Directors, its Committees, Executive Committee and its Sub-Committees.
This training is aimed at addressing skills requirements. The Young Professional in Training is conducted over a 24 month period during which the Young Professionals will be assessed on a six monthly basis. This Programme will provide the incumbents with relevant workplace experience through a structured learning programme and organizational support to grow them into a position/role within Group Company Secretariat, if available. Exposure will be in the following areas:
- Collaborate with company secretaries in minute writing.
- Assist with annual review and update of Committee charters.
- Prepare and track matters arising and resolutions register from Board, Board Committees and Management ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant stakeholders.
- Assist with all matters relating to Board activities including AGM, Board evaluations and Director Inductions.
- Coordinate the filing of all statutory returns and forms, such as annual returns; forms for Director and Officers’ appointments and resignations with the designated service provider.
- Coordinate the preparation of Governance Sections of the corporate plan and Integrated Report.
- Conduct benchmarking, coordinate drafting of Company Secretariat Governance Policies, including review of the related policies.
- Ensure that all departmental deadlines are met through revision of all Committee Annual Work Plans, assess that matters have been duly recommended before finalising the Agenda and report to the Company Secretaries.
- Undertake any ad hoc duties from the Deputy Group Company Secretary: Corporate Law Compliance or the Senior Specialist Ethic Management
- Manage sensitive information.
- #Support the implementation of the Ethics Management Programme
Qualifications & Experience:
- An appropriate Bachelor degree in Law/Governance/Ethics or related qualification.
- Competencies Required:
- Anchoring the Transnet Way
- Is a conceptual and analytical thinker Is results focused Is courageous
- Is resilient
- Is emotionally intelligent
- Is an excellent communicator Leading the Transnet Way
- Is visionary and inspiring Is strategic
- Is collaborative
- Is innovative and entrepreneurial Has impact and influence
- Is a change agent
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage knowledge and information via online databases;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Excellent planning and organising;
- Good problem solving;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Professional telephone etiquette
- Time Management
- Effective crisis management
- Ability to manage pressure, adversity, multi-tasking and working within tight schedules
- Meticulous and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Administration principles and processes;
- Knowledge of the functions of the Company Secretariat;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and procedures i.e. corporate governance, companies Act,
- Extensive knowledge of good corporate governance and best practices