Deadline: 11 October 2020
Duration: 12 months
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Representative (Operations) the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Assist in the provision of broaden partnerships with key stakeholders within the United Nations Country Team in the preparation of the Common Country Assessment (CCA) in order to maximize the protection and solutions response for persons of concern of UNHCR.
- Participate in the different sub groups of the UN Country Analysis Team (CAT) representing UNHCR and liaising with the corresponding UNHCR focal points.
- Provide support on programmatic aspects of developing multi-year protection and solutions strategies and annual plans with corresponding priorities taking into account corporate priorities.
- Support Results Based Management and programme capacity in light of evolving requirements, programming approaches and gaps.
- Support the revision and analysis of plans, mid-year and year-end reports of UNHCR office(s) in the Area of Responsibility AoR), ensure quality assurance and compliance with established policies, guidelines, procedures and standards.
- Contribute to ensure consistent and coherent monitoring approaches, tools and systems, in line with global standards and polices and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM).
- Actively contribute to UNHCRs programming of community of practice and continuously contribute to improvements of programming tools and processes.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications/RequirementsRequired degree level:
Master degree or equivalentEducation – Additional Comments:
Development Studies; Economics; Business Administration; Social Sciences; or other relevant field.
Areas of Expertise: Development, Economy, International Relations, Refugee LawRequired experience: 36 MonthsExperience remark:
Demonstrated experience in coordination within an inter-agency context and other actors, in a refugee or humanitarian context.
Sound experience in program management training and capacity building activities.Language skills:
- Spanish(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise:
Emergency response, immediate relief operations, and post-conflict humanitarian aid operations, Protection of refugees, asylum seekers and IDPsArea of expertise details:
Inter-Agency CoordinationDriving license: No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
You can only apply if you have created your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup
Watch this video for the specific steps you must follow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT5uJ_FolWU
If you are already registered in UNV’s Talent Pool, make sure your profile is up to date before applying.
Application deadline: 11-Oct-2020 at 23:59hrs, Germany time