Apply for the position of an auto electrician at Seriti Coal Mine
DEADLINE: 15 December 2022
When applying, please submit a PDF version of your CV together with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of your ID, Drivers and qualifications.
ARTISAN AUTO ELECTRICIAN, C LOWER: SERITI POWER, MIDDELBURG MINE SERVICES, MPUMALANGA
To be responsible for timely installation, repair and maintenance of auto electrical equipment to ensure that mining activities are executed in a safe manner.
The duties will include but are not limited to:
- Interprets and coordinates pre-work with regards to repairs, planned and predictive maintenance
- Accesses any area safely to perform necessary maintenance on machines or equipment
- Performs safety inspections of equipment and assesses risk on equipment
- Maintain a clean safe worksite
- Ensures the upkeep of maintenance tools and equipment
- Coordinates activities associated with troubleshooting and repairing maintenance equipment
- Performs hands-on maintenance support during breakdowns and shutdowns
You will need:
- Recognised Auto Electrician Trade Test Certificate
- Grade 12, Maths (Not Literacy) & Science with a minimum E symbol or N3 with Maths and Science and relevant trade related subjects as per MQA guideline
- N3 = NQF Level 4
- Grade 12 / Matric = NQF level 4
- Valid Code EB Driver’s license
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of VIMS systems, CAT electronic Technician (ET) and the starting and charging systems components and operations
- Extensive knowledge of earthmoving equipment (CAT 993/994 Loaders, Excavators, Graders, 785/777/ADT, Dozers, Overburden PV275 Drills, light vehicles and CAT Twin boom drills)
- Ability and experience to read parts manual and interpret electrical schematic as well as knowledge of electric components like starters, alternators, batteries
- Workshop exposure which includes rebuilding of machines, wiring systems, fault finding and repairs to electrical circuits
- Knowledge of electronic components and systems such as Rig control system (RCS) and Aquila – (screens, joysticks, controllers, proximity switches)
- Air conditioner maintenance and repairs and CANBUS (Modules) experience is essential
- Have sound knowledge of MHSA, safety systems and a high regard for safety, regulations and standards.
- Proven excellent safety record.
- Display good understanding of equipment & tools and uses thereof.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of SAP
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant maintenance experience and fault finding on CAT machines
Ref No: VUS_MMS1062/22GS
ALSO CHECK: Diesel Mechanic position at Seriti Coal